BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

Moved from selection thread...

Crawfords, Infared, you are on the clock until 7 PM EST.

I'm at work right now. I'd make the pick right now but I don't have my research in front of me. I should be home by 6. Sorry for the hold up. As much fun as this is, I still need to make some money. B)

EDIT: OK, I'm home now. Give me 20 minutes or so. I gotta catch up on who's been picked etc. then I'll be ready.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PLAYERS TAKEN

Round1.jpgRound2.jpgRound3.jpgRound4.jpg

Round 5.

61. Jackie Robinson

62. Rod Carew

63. Oscar Charleston

64. Bill Dickey

65. Duke Snider

66. Jim Thome

67. Eddie Mathews

68. Brooks Robinson

69. Mickey Cochrane

My pick of Gary Carter should be between Dickey and Snider, making it the 65th pick.

packchampionslfroh.png

PLAYERS TAKEN

Round1.jpgRound2.jpgRound3.jpgRound4.jpg

Round 5.

61. Jackie Robinson

62. Rod Carew

63. Oscar Charleston

64. Bill Dickey

65. Gary Carter

67. Duke Snider

68. Jim Thome

69. Eddie Mathews

70. Brooks Robinson

71. Mickey Cochrane

72. Roy Halladay

73. Harmon Killebrew

74. Willie Stargell

75. Carlton Fisk

76. Carl Yastrzemski

Round 6.

Don Sutton

Tony Gwynn

Ryne Sandberg

Lou Brock

Roberto Alomar

Wade Boggs

Joe Morgan

Robin Yount

Dennis Eckersely

Pedro Martinez

Paul Molitor

Mel Ott

Phil Niekro

Jim Palmer

Derek Jeter

Round 7.

Chipper Jones

Whitey Ford

Ozzie Smith

Carl Hubbell

I might be completely missing something but can someone clarify why I had the 61st and 62nd overall picks rather than the 59th and the 62nd? I read through the discussion and selection threads a few times but I can't really piece it together. :wacko: Was it because I missed my Round 4 pick (should've been 59th pick) so Salisbury got to make its two picks (would've been 60th and 61st picks but was instead 59th and 60th picks)?

I might be completely missing something but can someone clarify why I had the 61st and 62nd overall picks rather than the 59th and the 62nd? I read through the discussion and selection threads a few times but I can't really piece it together. :wacko: Was it because I missed my Round 4 pick (should've been 59th pick) so Salisbury got to make its two picks (would've been 60th and 61st picks but was instead 59th and 60th picks)?

yes, you got skipped. By the way you picked Jackie Robinson and Rod Carew. Robinson at 2B, Carew at 1B?

Upcoming picks.

Modesto Nuts (nash61)

Los Angeles Dodgers (knnhrvy16)

Los Angeles Dodgers (knnhrvy16)

Modesto Nuts (nash61)

Chicago Cubs (Billy B )

New York Mets (NJTank)

Tampa Bay Devil Rays (Lights Out)

Detroit Stars (YessSir32)

Pittsburgh Crawfords (infrared41)

Newark Eagles (pmoehrin)

Albuquerque Dukes (oddbal)

Atlanta Black Crackers (brushimania)

Milwaukee Baseball LLC (KDubK414)

New York Highlanders(Dexter Morgan)

Cleveland Indians (north dakota)

Montreal Royals (scottysprings)

Salisbury Steaks (AnythingChicago)

Salisbury Steaks (AnythingChicago)

yes, you got skipped. By the way you picked Jackie Robinson and Rod Carew. Robinson at 2B, Carew at 1B?

Yep.

I didn't really want Stargell with that pick. I didn't expect you to use my list from a couple days ago for today too. Is there any way I can throw Stargell back and make my two picks right now?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I have another pick by Tank that I could theoretically make for him if it gets to be his turn and he's not back. He sent me a list of 3 names, but I'm unsure if these were independent of someone else being selected or if he only wanted one.

Thanks for making my pick. I should be back for my next pick. Thanks again.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I didn't really want Stargell with that pick. I didn't expect you to use my list from a couple days ago for today too. Is there any way I can throw Stargell back and make my two picks right now?

Seriously, dude? You didn't even make one before logging off.

That's because I was waiting to see if I was going to have to keep Stargell or not. I was only gone for three hours and my pick was up and Dexter picked Stargell for me only 6 minutes after the previous pick was made.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived