BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was finally time to start addressing the bullpen.

I said earlier my plan with that is to just hope people are lazy as hell in that department with scouting guys.

I also can't draft a guy who's only going to pitch one inning this early, no matter how good he may be, especially when I still have three spots left to fill in my starting staff.

True, but I'd rather not be stuck with a :censored:ty closer, and I can't ignore the bullpen forever.

If you know where to look its impossible for that to happen. Great and I mean great relief pitchers are going to be completely overlooked by at least 12 of the owners.

Oh, please. That's completely overblown. Hoffman only played for one team in his career that was better than mediocre, and it was the 1998 Padres, who went to the World Series, and Hoffman racked up several playoff saves along the way. You don't set the MLB record for saves without being strong in big-game situations, period.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Better closers on the board than Hoffmann, who hasn't saved a big game in his life.

I agree completely someone like Goose Gossage, who routinely got three inning saves. Of course Gossage is not on the board anymore.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'll be avaliable for another hour or so today. If by chance my picks (which are after nash's) don't come around by the time I need to leave, I believe YessSir has sent my picks to bruschi (although I'll be sending a quick revision). Thanks.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'll be avaliable for another hour or so today. If by chance my picks (which are after nash's) don't come around by the time I need to leave, I believe YessSir has sent my picks to bruschi (although I'll be sending a quick revision). Thanks.

That's right.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Archived