IFL

Julius Seizure

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okie dokie, I've done a bit more tweaking on the Invaders!

-Changed the number font to look more realistic, but keeping a 'sci-fi' look all the same.

-Made the alien a carbon color as an experiment. It might be a little hard to see, tell me what you think.

-Made a secondary logo with the UFO going around the sleeves.

Hope this is a little better!!

Las_Vegas__Logo_svg-rect4231-734.png

Las_Vegas__Home_svg-path13-932.png

Las_Vegas__Road_svg-path13-4294966862.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Aweseome! Glad you guys are enjoying the teams. The feedback's definitely making me a better smarter designer:)

Let's move on, shall we??

The Los Angeles Pharoahs were the last addition to The League, and one of the more difficult to get a uniform/color scheme that I was happy with. I wanted blue and athletic gold to mirror the days of the Rams being in LA.

Enjoy, and jab away!!

Los_Angeles__Home_svg-path15-4294966955.png

Los_Angeles__Road_svg-path15-728.png

Much better on the invaders. That's a lot more fierce/creepy (which is a good thing in this case). The Pharaohs, I feel, are missing something. That color in the face you may be able to pull into the uniform somewhere? Maybe something with the numbers, as those are monochromatic (type/outline) right now.

LA is really good man! I love the pants, very different and they fit the team well, great job! I like the idea of a secondary logo/wordmark, but only to replace the main logo on the sleve. I wouldnt "busy" up the jersey, the pants and the helmet have a lot going on which is awesome and looks great, because the jersey is very... simple I guess.

The only other thing is the numbers... I would either remove the outline and make them yellow on the home, because there is no white anywhere eles on the set, or make the outline yellow on the home and away just to add a bit of color.

On the Invaders, the mostly dark gray logo on the dark gray helmet would be kind of hard to see from afar. Also, some of the numbers on the jerseys look like they are touching when side by side, or if they aren't touching they are extremely close causing tension points. A little more distance between numbers would be nice. You are using a lot of gradients, but I guess if this league wants to be a gradient-happy league, you could do that. The UFL is also gradient-happy.

Other than that, these are looking pretty good.

I'm pretty new to Inkscape, I've only been drawing on it for about 5 months now, so I confess I'm getting pretty experimental as I get the knack of the different amneties--gradients being one of them, haha!

I LOVE being able to scan my drawings and bring my concepts to life! I swear, I must come up with team ideas maybe one a day!

Hey, Thanks for the tips on LA, guys! I'm pretty happy with it now

Up next, we have the Mexico City Lobos. The logo I had many, many do-overs until I was completely satisfied. The colors, however I stuck with the whole time. I wanted a team in the league with the same color scheme as the Jacksonville bulls of the USFL---I miiiight have them off a bit, so correct me if I've butchered them, haha.

This is also my first example of my experimenting with the idea of putting the nation's flag on the back of the international teams' helmets. Thought it would look neat, and more exotic.

Tell me what you think!

Mexico_City__Home_svg-path13-4294966342.png

Mexico_City__Road_svg-path13-4294966788.png

Archived