IFL

Julius Seizure

It's been cool to read the forums and see that I'm not the only one who has spent their days creating sports teams and leagues! I started working with Inkscape about 4 months ago, and it's been my introduction to non-pencil and paper based mediums. But with 4 or 5 years of sketches, the help of gingerbreadmann's video tutorials, and a trusty ol' scanner, my league lives!!!

-The IFL has 12 teams with 3 divisions

-3 international teams: Tokyo, Mexico City, and Toronto; plus a team in Anchorage, Alaska

-League play begins in Late February with a 12 game reg. season

-Collegiate rules

Here's the poster with the team's helmets set up by division. I'll try to get the team profiles up with uniforms alpabetically.

Divisionssvg-g4651-833.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been cool to read the forums and see that I'm not the only one who has spent their days creating sports teams and leagues! I started working with Inkscape about 4 months ago, and it's been my introduction to non-pencil and paper based mediums. But with 4 or 5 years of sketches, the help of gingerbreadmann's video tutorials, and a trusty ol' scanner, my league lives!!!

-The IFL has 12 teams with 3 divisions

-3 international teams: Tokyo, Mexico City, and Toronto; plus a team in Anchorage, Alaska

-League play begins in Late February with a 12 game reg. season

-Collegiate rules

Here's the poster with the team's helmets set up by division. I'll try to get the team profiles up with uniforms alpabetically.

Divisionssvg-g4651-833.png

Wait? Is that supposed to be the old Memphis Pharohs from the AFL?

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Up first are the Alaska Kodiaks.

I wanted a blue and gold color scheme originally, but I had another team with the same thing, so I went with the dark teal green and gold.

I tried to keep these simple. The wordmark on the pants makes this one unique. And I'm really happy with the Ursa Major emblems too!

The home's:ALASKA__Home_svg-path13-4294966449.png

...and the road's:ALASKA__Road_svg-path13-4294967145.png

Nice. Simple. Clean.

The ALASKA wordmark is slightly more tilted than KODIAKS so you should make them at the same angle. The straight line on the forehead separating the light from the shadow could use a jag just to make it more like hair, but overall this whole identity works, although Im not a fan of the wordmark. I do like how the font is nice and simple, but I know Ive seen this font more than a few times before.

Yeah, I was thinking of going with a non-italic font before, but I liked how jagged and mountain-like the letters looked. I'll have to look around for something good. I'll tweak the forehead and give "Mikey" some hair :P

Up next: Chicago Blazers

Nice work. Love the font and logo. I think the logo on the helmet looks a little large though.

gYH2mW9.png

Mkay, I spent my 8 hour work shift tweaking the Kodiaks :P !

-I changed the font altogether, because I was having a hard time with the italics (which are VERY easy to mess up).

-revamped the "fur" on Mikey. Got rid of that straight line on his forehead. (thanks for the tip, jaha32!)

-And because I was feeling extra adventurous, I implied the wordmark on the helmet as a stripe, which I think looks killer!!

ALASKA__Home_svg-path13-476.png

ALASKA__Road_svg-path13-9.png

Any more C&C before I throw Chicago up??

I love the updated logo and wordmark. They both look a lot cleaner and more professional.

I dont really care for the word mark on the helmet. While its a cool idea and I hope to see it on another team, its just to much with it already on the pants. I like the one on the pants best but its up to you man.

I cant wait to see the rest of the league man!!!

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Alaska was one of my favorite teams in the creation process. I spent 4 years there in the service, so I tried to put a lot of sweat in that one.

Up next, we have the Chicago Blazers. This was the first team I created for the IFL. I simply wanted a team with flames on the helmet, so I went from there. I figured the name would catch on with the Chicago Fire of the MLS and the old WFL. This one I'm VERY open to C&C! Enjoy, and have at it:)

CHICAGO__Home_svg-path13-3.png

CHICAGO__Road_svg-path13-347.png

cool idea with the blazers one but just not my cup of tea...just something about the wordmark i dont like. but anyways, u got some talent my man, wish i had some as i would love to this kind of work for my fantasy football league

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

I like the Blazer helmets. I wouldnt add a flame on top as the helmet stripe as Jahgee suggested. It would look strange at it would be overkill on the amount of flames. It looks nice with no helmet stripe.

Again, Im not feeling the wordmark. It seems like a 1990 computer graphic and doesnt match the style of the flames. The flames are curvy and free-flowing while the wordmark is jagged. They do look nice on the numbers though. It could also do without the final thick red outline or the gradiant. One outline is enough.

But so far I like both your helmet logos.

Archived