Flyers Winter Classic concept

cityofphilly1991

You should use both front views when doing comparisons, I thought the back was all white and non-numbered. I'm not big on the football helmet-sized logo on the side, and I'm not really feeling this type of diagonal on a hockey jersey.

You should use both front views when doing comparisons, I thought the back was all white and non-numbered. I'm not big on the football helmet-sized logo on the side, and I'm not really feeling this type of diagonal on a hockey jersey.

The logos not gona be that big its just for ever1 to see easier, and i used the diagonal like the penguins did in the early 90s, look up jagr black jersey and youll notice they used it and i thought it looked really good, do you not like the idea at all or just b/c of how long philadelphia is?

No, the Penguins' letters were straight up and down, not angled the same way as the script itself, like so:

Penguins24.png

The shoulder patches are also really close to the front.

There are giant logos on the helmet?

White helmets with black jerseys and orange socks? They'd have to play with another team with white helmets.

The sides of the jerseys are white with a vertical orange stripe?

The stripes on the sleeves stop right before they hit the bottom sewing line?

Why are the backs of both of them blank?

The first one has a random cursive logo on the back? I don't get it

I think you need to take more time with your concept and actually finish it, then post it here.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

No, the Penguins' letters were straight up and down, not angled the same way as the script itself, like so:

Penguins24.png

White helmets with black jerseys and orange socks? They'd have to play with another team with white helmets.

I think you need to take more time with your concept and actually finish it, then post it here.

+1. Know your jerseys. It also pays to read the comments people leave you.

Like your Phillies concepts, but I think your Flyers are a little off base. Flyers fan all my life, and honestly the only one I think works is the last one with the Liberty bell. Try to keep it classic, but with a new twist here and there. The Flyers have one of the best jerseys in all of sports. Don't mess with it too much.

I love that second jersey with the liberty bell. I like the diagonal too but it's kind of simple. A little too simple. I like the nod to Pittsburgh (obviously lol) but I just really love that second jersey. I'm not sure where you're going with the Flyers current logo serving as shoulder patches because it's a little too much of a clash of eras. I realize you might be just putting that there for now and will add the liberty bells, but I just wanted to point that out. You also might want to make the crest have only one shade of orange because there is two. I would maybe make the striping white and orange with thin black lines to make it pop. However, I love that logo and if you just update the jersey, you'll have a winner for sure. Good job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Penguins24.png

Hockey week, I never said it was supposed to be exactly the same as the penguins just based off of it, i'll change the helmets to black and im guessing the socks should be black or white as well. Like i said i just wanted to throw this out there to see what people thought of my basic concept(its not supposed to be pretty yet), I said id take much more time after i got C & C's. However I appreciate the heads up and I will make the changes, trust me it'll be much better.

Dr. Doug, I clearly read his comment so i dnt know why you have to be so harsh, I was like one of your biggest supporters to your future college thing, I understand this sites for heavy C & C but maybe you should read my description a little more clearly as well. I said I just wanted to get this out there and I worked on it quickly just to see if anyone liked where i was going.

Penguins24.png

Hockey week, I never said it was supposed to be exactly the same as the penguins just based off of it, i'll change the helmets to black and im guessing the socks should be black or white as well. Like i said i just wanted to throw this out there to see what people thought of my basic concept(its not supposed to be pretty yet), I said id take much more time after i got C & C's. However I appreciate the heads up and I will make the changes, trust me it'll be much better.

Dr. Doug, I clearly read his comment so i dnt know why you have to be so harsh, I was like one of your biggest supporters to your future college thing, I understand this sites for heavy C & C but maybe you should read my description a little more clearly as well. I said I just wanted to get this out there and I worked on it quickly just to see if anyone liked where i was going.

Then put a concept together. Don't throw something together and expect to get amazing feedback. And I was talking about my initial comment.

Penguins24.png

Then put a concept together. Don't throw something together and expect to get amazing feedback. And I was talking about my initial comment.

This is a "concept" nowhere does it state concepts have to have full backs and fronts of jerseys finished. Oviously the back will be a mirrored image of the front just with names and numbers(in the current Flyers font b/c its too classy to mess with). Have i finally made myself clear, or would it make you happier for me to delete the back of the jersey and just upload the front next time. Btw hockey week heres a template from hockeyuniformdatabase,http://www.nhluniforms.com/Flyers/Flyers11.html. Looks like a white helmet, black jersey, and black pants, however they never did use orange socks for that combo(thats y i wanted to do something different but ill change them to black).

Penguins24.png

This is a "concept" nowhere does it state concepts have to have full backs and fronts of jerseys finished. Oviously the back will be a mirrored image of the front just with names and numbers(in the current Flyers font b/c its too classy to mess with). Have i finally made myself clear, or would it make you happier for me to delete the back of the jersey and just upload the front next time. Btw hockey week heres a template from hockeyuniformdatabase,http://www.nhluniforms.com/Flyers/Flyers11.html. Looks like a white helmet, black jersey, and black pants, however they never did use orange socks for that combo(thats y i wanted to do something different but ill change them to black).

Did you not notice the black helmet in that picture?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Penguins24.png

:lol:

If you're going to make excuses for a VERY lazy looking concept, don't expect us to say ANYTHING good in return.

If you're going to make excuses for a VERY lazy looking concept, don't expect us to say ANYTHING good in return.

I do believe THIS is how that looked in real life:

jeremy_roenick_2004_away_action_photofile.jpgNYOL58109042015_display_image.jpg?1276187890

note the colors of the helmets and socks in relation to their jerseys. Orange socks are not bad, Boston wears gold socks with black jerseys, but the white helmets are a problem.

You may be right, this is a "concept" in the purest sense of the word, but on this board, there's a lot more to be said for finished, polished work. If you don't take the time to put out a decent product, why would we give it decent comments? I think everybody has been very constructive with you. Nobody has dismissed it entirely, everything has been aimed at places where you've been lazy, and even then, the comments have been rather nice.

Really, the very LEAST you could do is delete the backs of the jerseys if you just want us to assume. The time that would take would be minimal, and it would make this concept quite a bit easier to take seriously. It's not like that's even completely blank, there's the random philadelphia script there.

Seriously, put some time into this concept, REAL time, polishing the idea, and you'll get some good feedback. There is a decent idea underneath all of this, but why should we take the time to see it if you won't take the time to make it?

Oh, and snapping back at everybody who comments is not helping your case.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Penguins24.png

:lol:

You gota be kidding me, how immature

Why in the world would the Flyers go with a jersey that has that style of shoulder yoke, when throughout their entire history, they've sported jerseys that had colored in sleeves (3D alt excepted, but by now we've all washed that from our memories anyway)?

Any comment other than that would be piling on at this point... which is tempting but not necessary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived