Phillies: Rebooted

Showtime029

I am not sure if I am in the minority or not, but I really don't like the Phillies identity. Not digging the logo, wordmark, or the uniform set. Not saying what I did below is much better,

it is just something I would rather see. I was inspired by the 1925 - 1933 uniform sets so I created more of a classic look using my version of that 'P' logo and the liberty bell.

Below is the logo and wordmark. The red (too bright) and blue (too dark) might be a little off at this point, but I can adjust later. The two cardinals on the St. Louis wordmark inspired

me to use the liberty bells for the dots on the I's.

This is only my 2nd "concept" and It was obviously all done with paint with a little help from wordart.

PhilliesLogoWordmark.png

It doesn't say 'Phillies' to me. Sure, that's what the text says, but that typeface is very generic and obviously wordart, as you mentioned. Try something more inventive, because this isn't very 'different'. Feels run-of-the-mill to me.

Also, as you'll quickly learn, don't use your tools as an excuse. I'm sure you've seen people get blasted for saying that before, but you're hinting at it with that last sentence. It's clean work, don't degrade your product by trying to make excuses for the quality-- IMO you really have no reason to in the first place. Just needs to be something more original.

Keep on it, I've seen quite a few concepts grow (sadly even more fizzle, though) with some good C&C. I'm interested to see if you can evolve this.

It doesn't say 'Phillies' to me. Sure, that's what the text says, but that typeface is very generic and obviously wordart, as you mentioned. Try something more inventive, because this isn't very 'different'. Feels run-of-the-mill to me.

Also, as you'll quickly learn, don't use your tools as an excuse. I'm sure you've seen people get blasted for saying that before, but you're hinting at it with that last sentence. It's clean work, don't degrade your product by trying to make excuses for the quality-- IMO you really have no reason to in the first place. Just needs to be something more original.

Keep on it, I've seen quite a few concepts grow (sadly even more fizzle, though) with some good C&C. I'm interested to see if you can evolve this.

I didn't want to represent the wordmark as my own invention. Sure, I edited the actual P logo, but the rest of it is word art. It does come off as though I am apologizing before I even see a comment. Thanks for your thoughts.I haven't noticed people getting fried for it before, I hope I sneak under the radar.

I am going to keep messing with it.

I like the Liberty Bells dotting the "I"s, nice touch.

I wouldn't make this a primary logo, but it would make a good "Fauxback"

Thanks. I thought it brought classic with retro together.

Yeah I think if I made a cream color uniform it might work as sort of a "Fauxback"

PhilliesHome.png

I really love this! It fits because the Phillies are the oldest team in all four major sports. I know some are going to say this is a cross between the Tigers and the Reds, but I would love to see the 'Phillies' workmark over this. Very ncie work!

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

PhilliesHome.png

I really love this! It fits because the Phillies are the oldest team in all four major sports. I know some are going to say this is a cross between the Tigers and the Reds, but I would love to see the 'Phillies' workmark over this. Very ncie work!

I really feel like their uniforms should somehow portray the rich history that the team actually does have. I am trying to take that angle. I am going to work on some away and alternate uniforms.

I don't think this works much at all. The bells for the i's is a nice thought, but doesn't work in the least bit. The red doesn't seem to work either. I know its a classic color, but the muted red is what the Phillies are... not bright red. As for the wordmark... I guess.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I agree the Phillies current is kinda lame now...but I don't think this is any better. While the Liberty Bell "i" dots sounds like a good idea...they don't work. And as another poster said the old English P has to much negative space to work. I would say try to create an original font. Look at the Declaration of Independence for some inspiration. The capital P used in the word Prudence is unique and could work.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived