Anaheim Ducks concept

AndrewPF

This is my design concept for the Anaheim Ducks. I went a little outside the box, drawing on both the original Mighty Ducks identity package and also the Pittsburgh Penguins ?Robo-Pigeon? set.

ducksconcept.png

C&C?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What should I replace the yellow with?

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

So here's what I have so far:

• Change the yellow on the arms to the green, while making the small stripes purple
  • Do something about the collar

Is that about it, you think?

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

So here's what I have so far:

• Change the yellow on the arms to the green, while making the small stripes purple
  • Do something about the collar

Is that about it, you think?

Maybe this is just me, but I'd use a different type of stripes.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Made some revisions, moving on to a road sweater if this is good.

ducksconcept-1.png

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

Sorry, this is a sloppy and poorly executed concept. One of the shoulder patches is facing the wrong way. Crest logo is skewed so it looks distorted. Number font is waaayyyy too big, same with nameplate font, reebok logo is pixelated. Why are the shoulder logos in the new color scheme, and everything else in the old color scheme? Come on man. That is all just basic stuff, attention to detail is important. Next focus on the design of the jersey, why exactly is there a penguins looking gradient? it doesnt match anything else in the concept. Also consider making sort of cohesive striping look instead of random shapes on the arms to go with the gradient stripe. Finally, the numbers look pretty bad, i actually like the font choice, but the black outlines are out of place and would look much better in teal or silver. Sorry to be harsh but there is not very much effort here.

Sorry, this is a sloppy and poorly executed concept. One of the shoulder patches is facing the wrong way. Crest logo is skewed so it looks distorted. Number font is waaayyyy too big, same with nameplate font, reebok logo is pixelated. Why are the shoulder logos in the new color scheme, and everything else in the old color scheme? Come on man. That is all just basic stuff, attention to detail is important. Next focus on the design of the jersey, why exactly is there a penguins looking gradient? it doesnt match anything else in the concept. Also consider making sort of cohesive striping look instead of random shapes on the arms to go with the gradient stripe. Finally, the numbers look pretty bad, i actually like the font choice, but the black outlines are out of place and would look much better in teal or silver. Sorry to be harsh but there is not very much effort here.

So much for constructive criticism.

It seems everyone wants the stripes back, and I can't really disagree once I've seen it. I'd add the stripes back and make it straight on the inside (not diagonal).

that IS constructive. every sentence in there is about fixing something, or questioning your decisions. frankly, i second everything he wrote.

just because it isn't positive does NOT mean that it's unconstructive

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

that IS constructive. every sentence in there is about fixing something, or questioning your decisions. frankly, i second everything he wrote.

just because it isn't positive does NOT mean that it's unconstructive

Agreed.

I understand, I'll fix it.

I'm going to use different shoulder logos, but for the record, the current ones are in the old colors. The yellow you see is from the hockey sticks in the crest logo, the accent line is in the jade, and there's purple instead of black.

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

Here's take 3:

ducksreducks.png

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

HomerSimpsonFacepalm.jpg

Anyway, I agree. Whats the reason for the adaptation of the old Penguins jersey? Why do the arms not match the chest at all? Whats up with the shoulder logos?

I'm trying, and I'm gonna keep at this until I get it. I feel like I'm close on this one, so I'm not gonna give up like I've given up on everything else so far. I'm pretty damn discouraged, but I'm gonna keep trying.

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

Archived