Sorry but i cant wait to get both of these Jerseys

DOech714

gotta agree with you doech, i can't wait to get a nnamdi or DRC jersey either.

I'm probably just going to hold off a year though because I'm worried that the Eagles might get a change next year when Nike takes over and like a lot of people speculate Nnamdi might get a number change.

I'll just keep rocking this all year.

46-01062-F.jpg

It makes me crazy that so many of the "authentic" and replica Eagles jerseys use Silver trim (between the number color and the Black dropshadow) instead of the true color - which is Charcoal.

Here's how the numerals are supposed to look:

PhiladelphiaEagles_UNN1a_2003-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really could've made the name plate longer on that one...

What's the story? Were there more Brown's and Youngblood's?

John and Jack, I believe. As for Brown, I'm not sure and am too lazy to look it up right now.

They really could've made the name plate longer on that one...

What's the story? Were there more Brown's and Youngblood's?

John and Jack, I believe. As for Brown, I'm not sure and am too lazy to look it up right now.

Jack Youngblood's teammate was Jim Youngblood ... played LB

40910_01_lg.jpg

• 1 month later...

I might hold off on the Asomugha jersey, since he may switch to 21 next year if Joselio Hanson is gone.

Aren't they strict about "stars" changing jersey numbers like that? I could see it if Hanson were to get cut soon while they jerseys are all still just preorders, but once they start mass producing them wouldn't he be locked into it?

I want to say they'd have to cover the cost of all the jerseys that have been made already if they switch numbers without being traded or signing with a new team. Don't have anything to cite for it, just going on memory from what I've read here.

If my memory is correct a player who changes their uniform number has to give notice ahead of time that they are changing their number, so as to give ample time for jerseys with the new number to be produced. If a player gives notice too late then they have to cover the cost of all the jerseys with outdated numbers that were produced.

Well Joselio Hanson got cut, but Nnamdi is keeping #24 and Ronnie Brown has taken #21. Brown had to change, because they said they weren't going to let him wear Brian Westbrook's number in the regular season (I don't get this - why was preseason OK? Retire it or don't), but it's clear that Nnamdi is going to be 24 for a while - no doubt due to the merchandise that's out there.

In semi-related news, Steve Smith had asked Randall Cunningham to wear his (not-retired but not-issued) #12, but the team gave him #19 instead. He has since switched to #11 after the last round of cuts. Not that anyone has seen him in a jersey yet anyway.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I didn't see this thread back then, but since it was brought up, Chris Long has changed his number to 91 for this season after previously being 72. He played one year with Leonard Little who was 91 for a long time before that. Last year Little hadn't officially retired, and this year Long got his permission and made the switch.

Long certainly isn't a star quite yet (although he's nearing Pro Bowl status), but he was the #2 overall draft pick a few years back, so he's got jerseys out there.

Interestingly enough, Leonard Little also changed his number in his second or third year. He did so, however, because he entered the league as a LB and developed into a DE. He went from 57 to 91.

I might hold off on the Asomugha jersey, since he may switch to 21 next year if Joselio Hanson is gone.

Aren't they strict about "stars" changing jersey numbers like that? I could see it if Hanson were to get cut soon while they jerseys are all still just preorders, but once they start mass producing them wouldn't he be locked into it?

I want to say they'd have to cover the cost of all the jerseys that have been made already if they switch numbers without being traded or signing with a new team. Don't have anything to cite for it, just going on memory from what I've read here.

If my memory is correct a player who changes their uniform number has to give notice ahead of time that they are changing their number, so as to give ample time for jerseys with the new number to be produced. If a player gives notice too late then they have to cover the cost of all the jerseys with outdated numbers that were produced.

Well Joselio Hanson got cut, but Nnamdi is keeping #24 and Ronnie Brown has taken #21. Brown had to change, because they said they weren't going to let him wear Brian Westbrook's number in the regular season (I don't get this - why was preseason OK? Retire it or don't), but it's clear that Nnamdi is going to be 24 for a while - no doubt due to the merchandise that's out there.

In semi-related news, Steve Smith had asked Randall Cunningham to wear his (not-retired but not-issued) #12, but the team gave him #19 instead. He has since switched to #11 after the last round of cuts. Not that anyone has seen him in a jersey yet anyway.

WTF - Hanson has been re-signed (?) and now there's two #21s on the roster. I'm assuming Brown will switch since he's only had #21 for a day or two, but who knows.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

WTF - Hanson has been re-signed (?) and now there's two #21s on the roster. I'm assuming Brown will switch since he's only had #21 for a day or two, but who knows.

So Ronnie Brown has his third number in a week, changing to #34.

Archived