Sorry but i cant wait to get both of these Jerseys

DOech714

I can't wait until they both get burnt relentlessly

I'm sure they're both particularly fearful of being burned by John Beck.

John Beck probably isn't going to line up at WR too often, so I don't think he'll burn them. But Santana, Jabar, and Anthony Armstrong will!

...then they will turn back and watch Beck's pass flutter to the turf 20 yards behind them.

(not an Eagles or Redskins fan, but you're seriously talking trash about a deep passing game triggered by John Beck?)

Just because the pass is incomplete doesn't mean the CB didn't get burnt.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nnamdi taking 24......I believe that belongs to the top corner in the NFL. ^_^

Champ Bailey is a good cornerback, no doubt about that, but I'm not sure I would consider him to be the top corner in the NFL anymore. :P

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

I might hold off on the Asomugha jersey, since he may switch to 21 next year if Joselio Hanson is gone.

Aren't they strict about "stars" changing jersey numbers like that? I could see it if Hanson were to get cut soon while they jerseys are all still just preorders, but once they start mass producing them wouldn't he be locked into it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't wait until they both get burnt relentlessly

I'm sure they're both particularly fearful of being burned by John Beck.

John Beck probably isn't going to line up at WR too often, so I don't think he'll burn them. But Santana, Jabar, and Anthony Armstrong will!

Actually, it's not a bad idea putting Beck at WR. He'd easily be your 2nd best wideout.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

I might hold off on the Asomugha jersey, since he may switch to 21 next year if Joselio Hanson is gone.

Aren't they strict about "stars" changing jersey numbers like that? I could see it if Hanson were to get cut soon while they jerseys are all still just preorders, but once they start mass producing them wouldn't he be locked into it?

I want to say they'd have to cover the cost of all the jerseys that have been made already if they switch numbers without being traded or signing with a new team. Don't have anything to cite for it, just going on memory from what I've read here.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I want to say they'd have to cover the cost of all the jerseys that have been made already if they switch numbers without being traded or signing with a new team. Don't have anything to cite for it, just going on memory from what I've read here.

If my memory is correct a player who changes their uniform number has to give notice ahead of time that they are changing their number, so as to give ample time for jerseys with the new number to be produced. If a player gives notice too late then they have to cover the cost of all the jerseys with outdated numbers that were produced.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

We've seen it happen in the NBA, but is there any precedence for it happening in the NFL? I can't think of it at all. Not for a bona-fide star at least.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We've seen it happen in the NBA, but is there any precedence for it happening in the NFL? I can't think of it at all. Not for a bona-fide star at least.

I seem to remember when Chad Johnson/Ochocinco was going through all this name change nonsense, he had to hold off an official change for a year or something because Reebok was going to make him buy out the remaining "Johnson" merchandise.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Did a quick search and found this article about Ochocinco having to buy the jerseys for changing his name.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well then I guess that answers. that. That's one freaky case in however many years of the NFL marketing player jerseys.

Well then I guess that answers. that. That's one freaky case in however many years of the NFL marketing player jerseys.

Yeah obviously that is a name change thing. And really, when you think about it, that might be the only time it affects the player's current team.

I can't think of many (or any) times where a player has changed numbers while on the same team. Most number changes happen when moving from team to team due to number availability or whatever. The only times I can think of is when a more senior or star player comes to a team and whatever "scrub" or "lower" player has the number gets it bought out or traded for stuff (i.e. Donovan McNabb and Chris Kluwe with #5 on the Vikings just the other day). And really in that case, since it is usually a "lower" player, there isn't much effect when it comes to merchandise.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Yeah obviously that is a name change thing. And really, when you think about it, that might be the only time it affects the player's current team.

I can't think of many (or any) times where a player has changed numbers while on the same team. Most number changes happen when moving from team to team due to number availability or whatever. The only times I can think of is when a more senior or star player comes to a team and whatever "scrub" or "lower" player has the number gets it bought out or traded for stuff (i.e. Donovan McNabb and Chris Kluwe with #5 on the Vikings just the other day). And really in that case, since it is usually a "lower" player, there isn't much effect when it comes to merchandise.

Well LeShawn McCoy changed from 29 to 25 after his first full season because 25 got cut, but he wouldn't qualify as a star (not now, but certainly not at the time of the change.) Other than that, it's usually lesser players who lose their numbers to FA vets, like you said. The point is that it's safe to buy a #24 Asomugha jersey... once final cuts are made.

. .

Boy things have changed over the years as far as NFL team-apparel, jersey numbers, and other things ...

OJ's rookie year 1969

Gary McDermott was # 32

Preseason ... 15-Aug-1969

0825_large.jpg

Gary McDermott gets cut at the end of preseason .....

AFL Season and Home Opener 14-Sept-1969

4356883.jpg

19-Sept-2007

amd_simpson_courtroom3.jpg

gotta agree with you doech, i can't wait to get a nnamdi or DRC jersey either.

I'm probably just going to hold off a year though because I'm worried that the Eagles might get a change next year when Nike takes over and like a lot of people speculate Nnamdi might get a number change.

I'll just keep rocking this all year.

46-01062-F.jpg

21dh5qp.png

gotta agree with you doech, i can't wait to get a nnamdi or DRC jersey either.

I'm probably just going to hold off a year though because I'm worried that the Eagles might get a change next year when Nike takes over and like a lot of people speculate Nnamdi might get a number change.

I'll just keep rocking this all year.

46-01062-F.jpg

Yea i wanted to get a Premier Black D-Jack last year but couldnt find one due to the Kelly Green Jerseys last year so i went with that lol. i still do want my black one though

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

The black jerseys are a disgrace to the franchise.

Archived