Winnipeg Jets Logo Concept

gojetsgo

SyPhi made an awesome Jets concept. But I thought I'd throw mine out there. It's true - it's hard making a logo for your team - It'll never look good enough.

None of the Jets logos I ever see emphasize the Jet in the actual logo. So I thought I'd make the Jet really big. I'll work on putting it on a Jersey soon.

I think this is better than my past work. Here it is:

(Anxiously waiting for the Jets to come back)New Jets Logo

Well don't hold your breath waiting for the Jets to come back, but if they do...

That logo would be tremendous! A new twist that keeps with enough history. I love this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

WOW! All that I can say is that I am impressed and I don't impress that easily. A much better work than the first two. Keep up the good work!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Yeah, it does seem to borrow liberally from Houston, but even still, it's a sweet logo. Good job.

I looked up the Houston logo and MAN it is similar! This is the first time I saw their new logo. I thought they were still using the old style WW2 jet in their logo.

Man what a letdown. Now I'm going back to the drawing board...

Can I make a quick suggestion? Use a B-2 Bomber.

Seriously... change the type of jet and that's the perfect logo.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Can I make a quick suggestion? Use a B-2 Bomber.

Good idea... B2 Bombers look really cool...kind of like a "W".

I have one problem with that though. I don't think the Canadian military has a single B2 bomber. So it would be kind of unpatriotic to put an American plane on a Canadian team's logo. What do you guys think?

I'm researching the different planes that are in the Canadian military. Once I find the perfect one I'll start the new logo.

Anyone out there who knows anything about aircraft, feel free to give your advice.

I'll probably use one of the following:

CF-18 Hornet (based on the F/A-18 hornet)

or the CT-133 Silver Star

or a long-retired plane, the Avro CF-100 Canuck

"Can I make a quick suggestion? Use a B-2 Bomber."

"Good idea... B2 Bombers look really cool...kind of like a 'W'.

"I have one problem with that though. I don't think the Canadian military has a single B2 bomber. So it would be kind of unpatriotic to put an American plane on a Canadian team's logo. What do you guys think?"

For me, it's NBD. I've thought about utilizing a B-2 in a New York Jets concept for long, long time.

How about the most famous plane in Canadian aviation history, the Avro Arrow.

That was my original idea for my logo, before it took on a slightly-Snowbirds-inspired underbody twist.

Seriously, the Avro Arrow kicked serious tail. Shame on Diefenbaker for not only trashing the project, but trashing the existing planes as well. Just to have one of the originals in a museum would be a huge thrill.

Rumour has it that one of the last Arrows ever produced (one of the 100% Canadian ones, with the Iroquois engines) is never recorded as having been destroyed. Speculation abounds as to what may have happened to it, but until I see it in person, as much as I want to, I don't believe it.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

How about the most famous plane in Canadian aviation history, the Avro Arrow.

That was my original idea for my logo, before it took on a slightly-Snowbirds-inspired underbody twist.

Seriously, the Avro Arrow kicked serious tail. Shame on Diefenbaker for not only trashing the project, but trashing the existing planes as well. Just to have one of the originals in a museum would be a huge thrill.

Rumour has it that one of the last Arrows ever produced (one of the 100% Canadian ones, with the Iroquois engines) is never recorded as having been destroyed. Speculation abounds as to what may have happened to it, but until I see it in person, as much as I want to, I don't believe it.

I thought about the Arrow since it was a kick-ass plane. But in the end I think it's looked at as a failure - too much controversy. I decided to go with the CF-100 Canuck because it was the first Canadian made and designed jet fighter jet. Plus there is one along side Portage Avenue just west of the old Winnipeg Arena.

The plane is all drawn and all that's left is to put the logo together.

To anyone not very big on planes, here's a picture of the suh-weet planes that these guys are talking about. The Avro Arrow, with maple leaf and all.

2969.jpg

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Yeah, the Arrow was freakin' sweet.

And there's a project to reconstruct ONE working copy.

Crazy, eh?

As for the logo, I love it.

Might not work too well on a jersey, but I might be wrong.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Eisenhower forced Difenbaker to cancel it. It was, literally, the best plane in the world at the time.

americans cant stand not to be the best.

gojetsgo-if u used the arrow, then it would make ur logo perfect. the arrow was a truly canadian jet. it would be perfect in a jets logo.

Archived