Winnipeg Jets Logo Concept

gojetsgo

if americans wanted a better plane then then the arrow, then they should have built one. insted they told the canada to destroy the all the arrows. thats not success, that bringing everybody else down.

Canada listened, didn't they?

All I have to say. Not promoting our military dominance or anything, but I'm the the prime minister could have negotiated some sort of deal that didn't involve destroying a whole bunch of planes created by an American ally.

And getting back on topic, I really like this logo. At first few glances, I was confused by the mix of old and new, but it's growing on me.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

OK, I'm all done my new Jets logo. Despite suggestions that I use the Avro Arrow, I ended up using the Avro Canada CF-100 Canuck. This was a famous plane that was used for a long time. The Avro, from head on, looks a lot like the jet I used in the first logo..

I will post the new logo right away.

I gotta admit, that's a lot better than the old one.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

gojetsgo2004,

I know you've probably already re-drawn this, but I had some thoughts to share. :flagcanada:

The best jet to use would be a Hornet, (like you did) but that's what's on Houston's logo.

I think the Arrow would be the next best choice, but if you don't like that, how about one or more Snowbirds? (I think they use Tutor jets, but I'm not sure)

The Snowbirds have cool paint schemes that would look good on a logo, and you could draw them in formation like at an airshow, emphasizing JETS (plural).

gojetsgo2004,

I know you've probably already re-drawn this, but I had some thoughts to share. :flagcanada:

The best jet to use would be a Hornet, (like you did) but that's what's on Houston's logo.

I think the Arrow would be the next best choice, but if you don't like that, how about one or more Snowbirds? (I think they use Tutor jets, but I'm not sure)

The Snowbirds have cool paint schemes that would look good on a logo, and you could draw them in formation like at an airshow, emphasizing JETS (plural).

Good points gordie. But I don't know if any of the hornets are Canadian-made, and the Arrow looks alot like a Hornet from head-on.

See my new thread for my second logo attempt. I drew a more classic and less controvercial Canadian-made jet- the CF-100 Canuck. This one is right on Portage Avenue in Winnipeg so it goes with the local flavour.

New Jets Concept Logo Number 2

I like this one better... Though I wonder if maybe the motion lines from the jet need lightened just a tad.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Habsfan... that jersey is sweet, well done. I like how there is so much white on the jersey... kind of like an homage to the old white-outs.

Feel free to make up as many jerseys as you'd like.

I like making new logos and seeing them on a jersey but I always get bored fiddling around with tha actual jersey and usually just want to move on to a new logo. So I'm glad other people can take my logos and use them on jerseys.

For the home one, a few things can be done to make the lettering visible on the blue background (of course the Jets have to play in blue). I like having the "Jets" in white or in blue with an outline in white.

Another option is using this logo that I made up that kept the circle. I don't like it as much but it's an option:

Another Jets logo (with circle)

if americans wanted a better plane then then the arrow, then they should have built one. insted they told the canada to destroy the all the arrows. thats not success, that bringing everybody else down.

Canada listened, didn't they?

All I have to say. Not promoting our military dominance or anything, but I'm the the prime minister could have negotiated some sort of deal that didn't involve destroying a whole bunch of planes created by an American ally.

"Work something out" with the US government... that's a good one.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived