Elite Football League of India

raysox

Entitled to your opinion. But maybe the uniform will be black? And maybe the logo will then pop off the black background and enhance the "Black" Tigers logo.

Mr. O'Grady, in researching the derivation of the BlackTigers name, I came across several historical descriptions of so called black tigers. One in particular jumped out at me and may offer-up a way in which to move the BlackTigers' logo away from a more conventional orange-pelted depiction.

"It was entirely black yet striped in the manner of the Royal-Tyger, with shades of a still darker hue, like the richest black, glossed with purple."

What if the Pune BlackTigers' logo took this description as its inspiration and featured a depiction of a tiger in which the bulk of the creature's coat - the portion most often depicted as Orange in illustrations - was rendered in Black. Meanwhile, the tiger's stripes - usually depicted as Black - would be Purple. Areas of a tiger's pelt that would normally be depicted as White in a logo/illustration would remain so. Bear in mind that your current palette for the BlackTigers is already utilizing Purple.

As far as the inclusion of Orange in the palette, perhaps a deep shade of the color - almost a Copper or Bronze - could be used as a tertiary color.

Given that the pelts of melanistic and pseudo-melanistic creatures often have a variegated, iridescent sheen to them, the BlackTigers might want to borrow a page from the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars and go with a helmet that - while appearing completely Black from one angle - actually has a subtle multi-colored, iridescence to it in certain light.

The teams uniforms could still feature Black jerseys, trimmed in Purple, Copper/Orange and White. Maybe Copper/Orange pants with a metallic sheen?

Just some thoughts.

BlackTigers will be abbreviated to Tigers shortly anyway...

Really? I sincerely hope not. That would be most disappointing. BlackTigers is a far more distinctive name than the oft-used Tigers. Frankly, accompanied by the right logo package, I feel that the BlackTigers name would be part-and-parcel of the EFLI's best brand package.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian-

Thanks for all the thought and insights on the logo and the BlackTigers background. I too love the black and purple direction but with orange... Some mix of that. Copper, while a cool color, translates to brown in most applications (as PMS gold changes to beige and silver to grey)...

Our lead designer has redrawn the current mark (which was admittedly rushed) and the new rendering is a huge

improvement. Think a ferocious feline version of Broncos logo...tight.

We are going to take your suggestions on color. Our original versions just didn't look right... But with a better crafted logo...could make all the difference.

And we have to change the lettering a bit... Just too long a name BlackTigers with a short city name PUNE...

Great feedback and one we will act upon. Stay tuned...

Colors. We like the idea if featuring black as the primary color...

Happy to be of help. The minute I read the aforementioned historical description I thought, "What about the BlackTigers namesake logo being rendered as Black with Purple stripes and Orange and White accenting and highlights?"

Frankly, I thought Copper might read as being a bit too Brown in most applications, but really wanted to go with a darker shade of Orange in order to communicate the idea of a pseudo-melanistic animal's coat being darker.

In any event, I'm looking forward to seeing the revised logo package. The Pune BlackTigers' moniker was the one that really caught my attention when team EFLI team names were first leaked.

Brian-

Thanks for all the thought and insights on the logo and the BlackTigers background. I too love the black and purple direction but with orange... Some mix of that. Copper, while a cool color, translates to brown in most applications (as PMS gold changes to beige and silver to grey)...

Our lead designer has redrawn the current mark (which was admittedly rushed) and the new rendering is a huge

We are going to take your suggestions on color. Our original versions just didn't look right... But with a better crafted logo...could make all the difference.

And we have to change the lettering a bit... Just too long a name BlackTigers with a short city name PUNE...

Isn't that you know... you? I can't imagine the "lead designer" at the great Gameplan Creative to be anyone other than the amazing Tom O'Grady.

Also, how about you let us be the judge of how great this new logo is instead of telling us how awesome it is?

Brian-

Isn't that you know... you? I can't imagine the "lead designer" at the great Gameplan Creative to be anyone other than the amazing Tom O'Grady.

Also, how about you let us be the judge of how great this new logo is instead of telling us how awesome it is?

He didn't say it was awesome, he said it was an improvement. All you people need to grow the censored.gif up and quit harping on this guy. If the best thing you have to do with your life is continually rip this guy over the internet, get a life.

Brian-

He didn't say it was awesome, he said it was an improvement. All you people need to grow the censored.gif up and quit harping on this guy. If the best thing you have to do with your life is continually rip this guy over the internet, get a life.

I'll second that. Most of the butthurt whining over "hurt feelings" in this thread has been difficult to read, and now even after TO'G has been playing nice to please BiB and the others, and has taken some of the feedback provided on an internet message board to heart (or at least it seems that way) and has admitted issues with some of the designs, people are still hitting the "reply" button just to rip the guy? Some of you guys should be considering who you may be sending your portfolios to someday and use this as an opportunity to interact with someone who whether you like his posting style or not has been places in the industry that you're dreaming of going to. That obviously doesn't apply to everyone here, but some of you are really acting more childish than you accuse him of being.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Mr. O'Grady has offered-up an apology for past transgressions and, since doing so, has maintained a civil tone in his posts in an effort to "engage in positive relevant discussions". To my mind, given Mr. O'Grady's efforts to become a more respectful member of the CCSLC moving forward, continuing to attack him for his past actions is counter-productive.

Exactly. Can you call him "Tom"? Or his username? "Mr. O'Grady" comes off as a little patronizing, or at least that's how I read it. Of course I'm not him, so I realize that my opinion on that matter doesn't really... well, matter.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Brian-

I'll second that. Most of the butthurt whining over "hurt feelings" in this thread has been difficult to read, and now even after TO'G has been playing nice to please BiB and the others, and has taken some of the feedback provided on an internet message board to heart (or at least it seems that way) and has admitted issues with some of the designs, people are still hitting the "reply" button just to rip the guy? Some of you guys should be considering who you may be sending your portfolios to someday and use this as an opportunity to interact with someone who whether you like his posting style or not has been places in the industry that you're dreaming of going to. That obviously doesn't apply to everyone here, but some of you are really acting more childish than you accuse him of being.

@mbannon92: Since you have been a member here for a little over a year, I doubt you fully understand how Tom acted in his first stint here. See Brian's initial reaction to this topic and go from there. Secondly, he said it was "a huge... improvement", "the Denver Broncos of tiger logos", and "tight". Once again, he is writing checks with his mouth that I'm not sure his designs can cash... Is it asking too much of him to wait until he actually releases it before he raves about it? Or even further still, perhaps releasing a logo and allowing his work to speak for himself.

And trust me, if his design is truly as great of an improvement as he is making it out to be, I will be the first one in line to give him the kudos and reverence he would thereby deserve.

@BBTV: While my tone may have been patronizing and sarcastic, I am not hurt or whining in any respect. However, you must pardon my unbelief that 3 or 4 "nice" posts in a row equals a sincere change in attitude. Let's see if in a month or two from now if Tom is still in the same "upstanding citizen" mindset... If he's still following the Golden Rule, showing respect to the other members, and bringing positive contributions to the community, then he'll start earning my respect. My respect is earned, not given.

The greats in this specialized part of the graphic design world: the Bosacks, the Simons, the Verlanders, the Rickabaughs, etc...; they all operate with a sense of professionalism and dignity that makes it very easy to give them the respect they deserve. While I hope to have my name among those elite in time, I try to let my work speak for itself. I wish nothing but the best for Tom, but I'm going to need to see more change before I believe it. :/

Seriously - how can one possibly act on a message board that causes these kinds of feelings? You act like he murdered your parents or something. I think part of this is people just being thin skinned, while part of it is piling on. I've been here longer than you. I've seen nearly all (if not every single one) of TO'G's incarnations. So someone acts like a d1ck sometimes. If it hurts you that bad, you're the one with the problem. It's the internet - not a board room. It's bullsheet that a guy like him gets ostracized while completely worthless douchebags who do nothing but annoy people and instigate fights are allowed to roam free around here. If the board focused half as much effort on eliminating those individuals as it does on bashing Tom, it'd be a much better place.

Seriously - how can one possibly act on a message board that causes these kinds of feelings? You act like he murdered your parents or something. I think part of this is people just being thin skinned, while part of it is piling on. I've been here longer than you. I've seen nearly all (if not every single one) of TO'G's incarnations. So someone acts like a d1ck sometimes. If it hurts you that bad, you're the one with the problem. It's the internet - not a board room. It's bullsheet that a guy like him gets ostracized while completely worthless douchebags who do nothing but annoy people and instigate fights are allowed to roam free around here. If the board focused half as much effort on eliminating those individuals as it does on bashing Tom, it'd be a much better place.

I don't understand where your getting the idea that I hate Tom or that he bugs me to no end? On the contrary, I enjoy when he posts. Lord knows he has experience in the industry... It brings a nice change from the random people screaming at each other about Nike and Oregon in the NCAA football thread and the modernists vs. classic NFL crowd. Like you said, it's the internet. All I intended to do was to point out that I wish for once he let is work speak for himself and that he needs to be nicer for a little longer before I buy it, nothing more.

Can you call him "Tom"? Or his username?

I could. I've chosen not to. I don't know him personally and, in retrospect, my past use of "Tom" strikes me as being a bit too familiar. Further, given the nature of my recent posts to him, I thought that using a formal salutation came across as more respectful. Frankly, "touchdownindia" seems a bit silly, given that we know it is Tom O'Grady. Should Mr. O'Grady want me to drop the formalities and refer to him as "Tom", I'd be more than happy to do so.

"Mr. O'Grady" comes off as a little patronizing, or at least that's how I read it.

It isn't meant to be patronizing in the least. Rather, it is meant to be non-confrontational and respectful.

I wanted to sent along the original EFLI Pune BlackTigers logo and get some input from the Forum. Brian in Boston, this one is a Tiger facing forward with a dominant black body and purple striping... It's interesting, but does not have the ferocity of the in works design... However, I am a bit technology challenged to the best way to pull a .pdf from my desktop and insert it into the Reply box... Any suggestions on how I can post would be appreciated... Tom O'G.

I wanted to sent along the original EFLI Pune BlackTigers logo and get some input from the Forum. Brian in Boston, this one is a Tiger facing forward with a dominant black body and purple striping... It's interesting, but does not have the ferocity of the in works design... However, I am a bit technology challenged to the best way to pull a .pdf from my desktop and insert it into the Reply box... Any suggestions on how I can post would be appreciated... Tom O'G.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/ZUd0d0VFdkdrWTljR0E9PQ

Hope this works.

Here is the rough idea for the helmet... black tiger on orange helmet...

https://www.yousendit.com/download/ZUd0d0VGUnJJMHRFQlE9PQ

Hope using Yousendit.com works for a preview...

Have at it gents... would love some more direction...

Archived