College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

I loved Boise's jerseys. The numbers were very legible on my TV, I just wish they would go with the pro combat helmets full time. Blue and white, but with a logo on both sides.

Hardly. They were blue numbers, with orange trim, amongst a field of gray. All three dark colors with no light colors to offset the darkness. Awful. I fail to see how that's "very legible".

Air_Force_Boise_St_Football_65947_game.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they would have been alright if they went with crimson colored pants. All this solid gray stuff, gray/dark gray stuff is really going overboard. But if they did crimson/gray/crimson it could have been ok. White numbers would be good, too. Dark numbers on dark jerseys is always a poor decision.

Also, on the topic of gray... who else DESPISED the Boise grays? Too dark, numbers were illegible, didn't really do much to change the visuals of all blue on the field, and not even a school color. At least WSU can lay claim to it. Boise not so much. Just looks like crap.

WSU's uniforms looked good because of the Red and white helmet. More grey would've just made the whole uniform look dirty. Boise'e was just bad. It didn't fit with Boise at all, and unlike WSU, they didn't balance it out with any white. Grey or white pants would've helped.

Nothing is balanced about that Washington State uniform at all. It looks very dirty to me and not in a good way.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Duke in black today:

ap-201110221311474746719.jpg

If you ever wanted to see the Colts in a black alternate, this is probably as close as you're going to get.

Second time they've done it this year. It looks less bad (though still bad) paired with black pants.

I'm still amazed Duke doesn't take advantage of their basketball team identity. It's used in lacrosse...it would look great in football, and balance blue and black.

They have a great color scheme, which they own, but they fail to use it correctly.

Huh? Duke's colors are Blue (PMS 287) and white (and there is some argument that white isn't even a school color). Just because Nike has turned the blue purplish and ruins everything with black (not a school color) does not an identity create. Duke's old basketball uniforms were iconic, now our football uniforms are superior.

And in all sports the D is now the same and the Duke block is the same block in football as it is in lacrosse and basketball, so I'm not sure where you are getting to lacrosse using the basketball identity vs. football.

I hope they don't foist the Iron D on the baseball team full time. The D baseball uses right now is fantastic...

Agreed, the Gothic D looks great. The Olde English Duke script still shows up in men's and women's soccer and tennis, so we will see what happens.

Also, on the topic of gray... who else DESPISED the Boise grays? Too dark, numbers were illegible, didn't really do much to change the visuals of all blue on the field, and not even a school color. At least WSU can lay claim to it. Boise not so much. Just looks like crap.

I did. They were awful. MWC should fine them for wearing that bush league garbage. I have a lot of respect for Boise as a football team, but this bush league stuff has to stop if they want people to take them seriously. These grey tops were worse than the all-blue look.

Nobody commented on those Tulsa helmets posted on the last page! Those are in their own special category of horrible.

I'm trying to forget they existed. Just like Tulsa's new uniforms, these helmets were straight out of the new nike team catalog. 4 helmet options IIRC. The faux carbon fiber, TCU's frog print, the gradient like on Nike shoes and a starburst pattern.

I really don't feel like going all the way back to say this, but I love TCU's older helmet with the new black stripe.

KEEP THAT.

And while I'm on the subject:

tcu.jpg

Huh? The helmet they wore this weekend is their new standard helmet, but with the old sticker. The helmet still had the frog skin. The old helmet was a different shade of purple and would not have matched the purple int he new uniforms.

I like the new helmets except for the stripe. it is only there, bc HGI struggled to get the frog skin patterns to match up perfectly from what I am told. Also, wish they weren't matte, but I am ok with that since the uniforms have no sheen anymore.

Nobody commented on those Tulsa helmets posted on the last page! Those are in their own special category of horrible.

I'm trying to forget they existed. Just like Tulsa's new uniforms, these helmets were straight out of the new nike team catalog. 4 helmet options IIRC. The faux carbon fiber, TCU's frog print, the gradient like on Nike shoes and a starburst pattern.

You forgot the Camo and Diamond Plate options as well Picture13.png

You forgot the Camo and Diamond Plate options as well Picture13.png

True enough, and I was too lazy to pull up a copy, so thanks!

I really don't feel like going all the way back to say this, but I love TCU's older helmet with the new black stripe.

KEEP THAT.

And while I'm on the subject:

tcu.jpg

Huh? The helmet they wore this weekend is their new standard helmet, but with the old sticker. The helmet still had the frog skin. The old helmet was a different shade of purple and would not have matched the purple int he new uniforms.

I like the new helmets except for the stripe. it is only there, bc HGI struggled to get the frog skin patterns to match up perfectly from what I am told. Also, wish they weren't matte, but I am ok with that since the uniforms have no sheen anymore.

huh... guess I didn't get a good enough look at it.

What I'm saying is, keep the Frog decal.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Look what the Cat drug in

Blackunis2_web_bmac.jpg

Story Here

Oh dear god no. The blue shoulder panels are horrible with the black, and the helmet makes it look worse. Dammit Kentuckey, why must you destroy a great uniform with bad play and black.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived