Dragons fantasy logo & helmet

gladsadmad

That's about as perfect a logo that you could have for a helmet.

The dragon's head occupies the front facing half, while the wings swoop back to form an interesting pattern

on the back. The tail curling below the earhole is nice but would probably get lost in straps 'n stuff...

But so what?

I was going to suggest a city that began with an "S" (as in Seattle), but that wouldn't work for the left side.

It's not a "flippable" logo, if it represents an "S".

I like it.

real cool man..looks nice. What city would the dragons happen to be from?

lol...cincinnati of course

Would have guessed Sacremento or Syracuse....

Anyway, That's one sleek look'n logo. Normally I wouldn't care much for a logo like this, but for some reson I do.

It looks as good on a helmet as any logo.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Awesome logo and helmet, bad wordmark. Get rid of the 3D effect.

Yeah, your probably right about the font. Any ideas for a better one..or should I just keep it without the 3d effect?

The font itself works nicely, but the 3D effect completely ruins it. For one, I think 3D effects always look horrible on sports logos, and secondly, the shadows of the 3D effect muddle the drop shadow, which you should keep.

spacer.png

Boy, that's a fantastic Dragon.

It would almost work well for my alma mater -- the Minnesota State University Moorhead Dragons. I could see an MS in there, with the M coming from the wings and, of course, the S. And people here still call the college MS anyway (we still call it Moorhead State, which it should still be except for a dufus of a college president and ... well, I won't go further).

The only problem is what it would look like on the other side.

That's about as perfect a logo that you could have for a helmet.

The dragon's head occupies the front facing half, while the wings swoop back to form an interesting pattern

on the back. The tail curling below the earhole is nice but would probably get lost in straps 'n stuff...

But so what?

I was going to suggest a city that began with an "S" (as in Seattle), but that wouldn't work for the left side.

It's not a "flippable" logo, if it represents an "S".

I like it.

Except it's a helmet that is no longer in production. Riddel stopped making the VSR4 helmet in 2010. I know this is only for a fantasy team so it's not really a big deal but in the real world you'd have to ask how would this idea work on a Revo or Revo Speed helmet, or a Schutt DNA which has an entirely different facecage mount system altogether.

For a fantasy team helmet it's a clever use of the available space though and I like, but if the OP wants beveling on the wordmark, learn how to achieve the effect by illustrating it with vectors rather than relying on photoshop filters.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived