jsb_0403's Take on the NFL

jsb_0403

I don't know...it just seems like navy to me. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. But anyways...how high up are the Giants on the list? Just wondering...

I guess so, I don't know. They're pretty high, I think I've got an idea for them.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New York Giants

The Giants' set is based off of their current set and the set from the 80's and 90's. For the home uniforms I added the striping style from the away uniforms and removed the gray pants. I'm not sure what it was, but the gray didn't look as good with the striping. For the away uniforms, I changed the numbers to blue with a red outline and added blue to the striping as well. There is also a red outline around the logos on the helmet and jerseys.

newyorkgiants.png

San Francisco 49ers

For the 49ers I based the set off of their sets from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and loosely off of their previous set. The striping and the colors are based off of their classic set. Then, I added a gold trim to all the stripes and the numbers, which I got from their previous set, without the black drop shadow. I also modified their logo, I removed all the black from it and matched the red with the rest of the uniform.

sanfran49ers.png

Weighing in on this concept for the first time... the Cardinals, Seahawks and Vikings are my favorites so far; all several degrees better than what they're wearing now.

I've noticed you're very reluctant to keep black in any team's color scheme (Philly, Tampa, San Francisco) -- I think black has been over-used for many years by many teams but it's possible to go too far the other way. Even if they're not included in the uniforms, the Eagles and Bucs logos in particular look really washed-out without the black accents. Just a personal preference.

I'm also not big on the Titans-back-to-Oilers idea (although I respect that it's your concept). It muddies the waters a little much for me, considering the Titans are a division rival of the team that replaced the Oilers in Houston. It would be like if, let's say Cleveland had been awarded a new franchise that wasn't the Browns, and then the Ravens wanted to call themselves the Browns and roll out in brown and orange. It wouldn't go down well. But that's me. The concept itself looks great, though.

Quality work so far, looking forward to seeing the next batch!

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Weighing in on this concept for the first time... the Cardinals, Seahawks and Vikings are my favorites so far; all several degrees better than what they're wearing now.

I've noticed you're very reluctant to keep black in any team's color scheme (Philly, Tampa, San Francisco) -- I think black has been over-used for many years by many teams but it's possible to go too far the other way. Even if they're not included in the uniforms, the Eagles and Bucs logos in particular look really washed-out without the black accents. Just a personal preference.

I'm also not big on the Titans-back-to-Oilers idea (although I respect that it's your concept). It muddies the waters a little much for me, considering the Titans are a division rival of the team that replaced the Oilers in Houston. It would be like if, let's say Cleveland had been awarded a new franchise that wasn't the Browns, and then the Ravens wanted to call themselves the Browns and roll out in brown and orange. It wouldn't go down well. But that's me. The concept itself looks great, though.

Quality work so far, looking forward to seeing the next batch!

I really appreciate the feedback. I will definitely keep that in mind in the future. I think I started doing that without even realizing it.

Yeah, the Titans to Oilers thing was just something I wanted to do. I get what you're saying, and I probably wouldn't want that to actually happen. The Oilers definitely belong in Houston.

Thanks for the input, it really is helpful!

Love all your concepts so far. I really enjoy the mix of modern and throwback. Like I said in a post above, the Seahawks concept is my favorite thus far. I would love to see a Tennessee Titans concept. The Oilers is a nice throwback touch, but I would love to see a mix of that with the Titans logo.

Would love to see a Chiefs concept sometime.

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

Archived