jsb_0403's Take on the NFL

jsb_0403

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate all the C&C! Thanks guys

Wow. I love both of these. The Bengals one is great, and you chose wisely with that wordmark too. Great job on all of your concepts so far.

The wordmark wasn't a hard choice at all, the NFL as some of the most boring, cookie cutter wordmarks around.

• 2 weeks later...

New York Jets

For the Jets, first I went back to their original green, its more of a kelly green than the dark green they currently have. I also modified their current logo, I added the original jet to the the football. I thought this gave it something to actually identify with their team name, without changing too much. I also changed the patch they currently have on their jerseys, to just a jet. Overall, I think this look came out great.

newyorkjets.png

Let me know what you guys think! C&C please!

I personally think that the best Jets set that I've ever seen is their current uniform set. That being said, this has got to be one of the best, if not the best, Jets concept that I've seen. I like how you brought back the Jets to show the meaning of the team name. My only suggestion would be to revert back the the current dark green that they wear. Looks better IMO. But overall this is a fantastic concept and I can't wait to see more.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I personally think that the best Jets set that I've ever seen is their current uniform set. That being said, this has got to be one of the best, if not the best, Jets concept that I've seen. I like how you brought back the Jets to show the meaning of the team name. My only suggestion would be to revert back the the current dark green that they wear. Looks better IMO. But overall this is a fantastic concept and I can't wait to see more.

Thanks for the feedback! I see what you mean about the green. I'm on a different monitor than my laptop and it looks a lot greener. I'll get an update soon.

Marvelous, I've seen many Jets concepts that were kind of lackluster, seeing as their look is hard to improve on. But this really shows how the jet silhouette can really bring it all together and ADD to an already solid set

Midway.png

New England Patriots

I tried to take elements from every era in the Patriots' history for this set. The colors and the striping from their original set. Then the pinstripes and and flying Elvis from the 90's. And of course the number font from their current set. I really like this look for them, it takes them back to a red, white, and blue team. Which makes sense for them, since they are the Patriots. Overall I think it turn out good, but let me know what you guys think! C&C Please!

newenglandpatriots.png

I like this a lot. Crisp and clean, well executed. The only gripe I would have is that there's a lot going on in the shoulder/ sleeve area and everything looks crammed in too tight. I could see removing the flying Elvis and angle the stripes a little more to flow more naturally with the jersey cut and to allow more room for the tv numbers.

Fantastic job on these, and this whole series thus far.

I really like most of what you've done here. In a few cases (Arizona, updated Oilers) I think you may have over-simplified their looks. But still, they are nice looks. Getting to the Saints. I absolutely LOVE the concept you have. The old gold looks GREAT and the thick outlines and stripes are fantastic. HOWEVER, that "fat" fleur de lis has to go. I think you should definitely stick with the fleur de lis they are currently using. Then, the set would be perfection.

gYH2mW9.png

The Patriots concept is crisp and decent, but I just don't like the all-white away look, especially the white helmet. Either throw some red pants in there or go back to their current set. But it does look good! The Saints concept is nice for one reason, the colors match up!

spacer.png

Archived