jsb_0403's Take on the NFL

jsb_0403

Detroit Lions

For the Lions, I kept their current logo, with some minor tweaks. I removed the eye and the lines from the mane, it makes it a little more like an updated version of their previous one. The striping used is the one that they used through out their history, so I thought it only made sense to use it. I also gave them silver numbers for the home set, this is a reference to their past, which is something they've also done for their Thanksgiving sets. I changed the numbers back to to a block style, they've mostly been a traditional team, and I didn't really see the need in having a modern number font. I did remove all the black, but the Lions, historically, never used black and IMO never really needed it.

detroitlions.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, Bubbles still needs the inner details (eye, etc) Other than that, I love the Lions.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Awesome work so far.... and when will we see a Jets concept???

I couldn't say for sure. I'll get there eventually.

IMO, Bubbles still needs the inner details (eye, etc) Other than that, I love the Lions.

Thanks! I just thought the eye looked creepy without the other lines, I don't know why. I think it looks fine with the lines.

As a 49er fan, I have to say it is rare for me to completely like a 49er concept but I have to say I love this one. The gold trim on the jersey looks great.

I also have to say that the only other concept that I didn't care for was the Oilers... until the last update, now it looks perfect. You've done a great job blending the eras without it looking like a forced blended mess. Keep up the good work.

Kansas City Chiefs

Not much different here, its hard to have this theme and do a team that's barely ever changed their uniforms. Mostly just the logo. I changed the KC to yellow, that way the helmet would have all the team colors. I did about every color combination and that was probably the best looking one.

C&C Please!!

kansascitychiefs.png

Your concepts are excellent overall and occasionally brilliant (Broncos, Seahawks). A few observations...

- The Bucs' pirate ship is too busy for sleeves, it just looks like a blob, even on their current unis.

- Black in the KC helmet logo doesn't work.

- Lions look great but why not use their original sleeve stripes?

- Love the Dolphins use of their old sleeve stripes.

- The Falcons set is the only one that doesn't work. The colors seem off, the black isn't quite black and the red looks...well, not red.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Your concepts are excellent overall and occasionally brilliant (Broncos, Seahawks). A few observations...

- The Bucs' pirate ship is too busy for sleeves, it just looks like a blob, even on their current unis.

- The Falcons set is the only one that doesn't work. The colors seem off, the black isn't quite black and the red looks...well, not red.

What would you recommend for the KC logo?

For the Lions, do you mean the colors?

I'll have to get an update for the Falcons; I was using a different black than I thought I was.

I think you should keep the KC Red. So basically keep the same logo, but put a yellow trim around the arrowhead instead of the black trim. Replace the black with yellow, and see how that looks.

This is what I've always thought. Keep the letters red, but change the outline/drop shadow on them to yellow, and then change the outline of the arrowhead to yellow.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On the Chiefs set, the yellow "KC" is growing on me but I'm not sure. What about making the facemask yellow?

No yellow facemask please! Redskins already have one. I love our white facemask, considering that we are the only team in the NFL with a white facemask.

Just replace the black with yellow and see how that looks.

CHIEFS - BLUE JACKETS - CARDINALS

Sharp! There's a really good synergy now between the helmet logos and the jersey numbers that manifests itself differently on the home and road sets. The yellow-outlined white arrowhead matches the numbers on the home jersey, while the red "KC" outlined in yellow matches the road jersey numbers. I don't know if you did that intentionally but the result is excellent!

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

I'll have to get an update for the Falcons; I was using a different black than I thought I was.

KC - Already done, looks great.

Lions - Yours look like Auburn-style stripes. The Lions' style was similar but the colors were silver w/white outlines.

D1DAE8E25930425A93E0CBDD0A509681.jpg

Falcons - I'm not a fan of the modernized logo but it'll look better with the colors fixed.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

KC - Already done, looks great.

Lions - Yours look like Auburn-style stripes. The Lions' style was similar but the colors were silver w/white outlines.

Falcons - I'm not a fan of the modernized logo but it'll look better with the colors fixed.

I got you now. I'm not sure why I didn't use those, I'm gonna get an update for the Lions. That stripe will look a lot better.

I like the old Falcons logo better too, but what are you gonna do? I think the fixed colors will help a lot.

New Orleans Saints

For the Saints I went back to the original gold that they had. I added back their striping from their original 1967 uniforms, but kept the fleur-de-lis on the sleeves. I modified the fleur-de-lis, just simplified it really. I also added the thick outline back to the numbers, I always thought that looked awesome.

neworleanssaints.png

Cincinnati Bengals

For the Bengals, I went back to the "Corey Dillon era" uniforms. Those were by far one of their best looks. I did keep their current number font, I thought it worked well overall.

cincinnatibengals.png

Archived