jsb_0403's Take on the NFL

jsb_0403

The Patriots concept is crisp and decent, but I just don't like the all-white away look, especially the white helmet. Either throw some red pants in there or go back to their current set. But it does look good! The Saints concept is nice for one reason, the colors match up!

I thought about having a red pants option, but I decided against it. I'll get an update though, I definitely don't think it would hurt them to have red pants.

Saints update:

Great update. Looks FANTASTIC!

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago Bears

There's not a lot that needs to be done to the Bears. I love their uniforms, and I loved their throwbacks from last year. That was my inspiration for the set. I removed the white outline from the stripes on the home set, changed the numbers to just orange, and removed the white outline from the wishbone C on the helmet. The road uniforms weren't too different. I really just added blue socks to the white pants. C&C Please!

chicagobears.png

Like what you did to the Bears here but if there's one glaring thing that bugs me it's that since you took out the white in the home uniform, now the numbers look inconsistent with the road version having an outline but not the home. Its very hard to improve on an already classic look like this one and the white might need to be reimplemented here

Midway.png

Like what you did to the Bears here but if there's one glaring thing that bugs me it's that since you took out the white in the home uniform, now the numbers look inconsistent with the road version having an outline but not the home. Its very hard to improve on an already classic look like this one and the white might need to be reimplemented here

I get what you're saying, but what if I just removed the orange outline? Orange is already present in the striping so it wouldn't be completely lost.

I get what you're saying, but what if I just removed the orange outline? Orange is already present in the striping so it wouldn't be completely lost.

Sounds good to me. Have at it!

Midway.png

Hang on. I've always thought this bears look would be good. Just try two things: First, use solid blue numbers on the white jersey, then use a solid orange stripe on the blue pants, and I think you have a perfect Bears uniform. Different, but perfect. I'd also only show the blue pants and white socks with the white jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If you're going to use solid numbers on the home, I would do the same on the road. Also, the GSH on the home is a little hard to read. There's really nothing to do about that with the removal of white though.

Other than that good job.

Saints: Really nice. I don't think I have any complaints. Fixed all of the current problems that bug me.

Bears: Also looks very nice. Not a fan of the monochrome white away look, however.

Patriots: I'm going to be honest, I really do not like this concept. I hate the shade of blue. The current colors look much better IMO. I like that you got rid of silver, but I'm not a fan of the racing stripes. I don't like the red patriots script. Keep that white. Also, while I like the idea of the Pats having a red jersey, whether it be the primary or the alternate, I would really want a blue jersey in the set as well. I like the striping. Also, I see this as a bit of a missed opportunity because the biggest issue with the current Pats set IMO is the number font. It looks so bad. Changing it even to a generic varsity block would be an improvement.

Nice work. I look forward to seeing more of this series.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

If it were me, I'd do a single orange stripe on the blue pants, and I wouldn't even show the white pants with the white jersey, but otherwise this is the vision (or one of) I've always had for the Bears.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived