Best Helmet Ever?

thespleenenator

Not a fan.

Best helmets ever?

University of Maryland - College Park (2011-pres.)

maryland-helmets-260x209.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguars (prototype, the one where the Jaguar wraps around the entire helmet)

jaguars%20prototype%201.jpg

The Maryland helmets were pretty cool as a one-off, but realistically they would be a nightmare to recondition after every game. I know I don't want to be the one to repaint these every week.

I don't think that the jaguar decal on that prototype helmet wraps all the way around; if I'm remembering it correctly the decal ended with some significant silver space between it and the helmet stripes on a real helmet; I think the decal is too large and almost touches the stripes on that mini-helmet.

Me - okay I'm old so I'm a bit "old school" but for the NFL I've alway loved the Rams helmet (don't care which one - I prefer the dark blue/athletic gold from the 50s and again from 1973 through 1999 but I also like the current navy/vegas gold and the 60s dark blue/white), the Bengals tiger stripes, and the original dark blue Chargers with the gold bolt and gold mask.

For the NCAA, it will always be the Michigan helmet and the Ohio State silver helmet (classic matchup every November); as for my schools attended I was stuck with Louisville for 4 seasons as an undergrad (white helmet for 3 years, black helmet for one year) and Kentucky for 2 seasons in grad school (bland white helmet with 2 stripes and a blue K).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stand corrected. THOSE are the greatest helmet ever!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Not a fan.

Best helmets ever?

University of Maryland - College Park (2011-pres.)

maryland-helmets-260x209.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguars (prototype, the one where the Jaguar wraps around the entire helmet)

jaguars%20prototype%201.jpg

The Maryland helmets were pretty cool as a one-off, but realistically they would be a nightmare to recondition after every game. I know I don't want to be the one to repaint these every week.

I don't think that the jaguar decal on that prototype helmet wraps all the way around; if I'm remembering it correctly the decal ended with some significant silver space between it and the helmet stripes on a real helmet; I think the decal is too large and almost touches the stripes on that mini-helmet.

It was hard trying to find the Jags helmet that wrapped all the way around in a Google image search.

I don't care if they're a one off, Maryland's helmets are still awesome.

spacer.png

Archived