Toronto Raptors Logo

frankiebridges

Hey guys,

It might have been the lure of the Big 2 (as shaq states) and the poor direction of the franchise or it may have just been the logo that drove Bosh out of Toronto. Anyway I had a go at designing something simpler. This was just a time killer so I'm not searching for perfection (as always there is many things that can be tweaked/changed), which is also why I haven't done a proper wordmark. I'll get around to it but right now I'm not that concerned. I'd just like to spark a bit of dialogue and maybe inspire some other redesigns of this disappointing (and nonthreatening) identity.

torontologo.jpg

imo it doesn't really need a basketball, too many nba teams have unnecessary basketballs in there logo anyways.

I tottaly agree with you, but I thought I heard somewhere that a primary NBA logo must have a basketball in it. Now that might not be right but Im sure I heard that.

imo it doesn't really need a basketball, too many nba teams have unnecessary basketballs in there logo anyways.

I tottaly agree with you, but I thought I heard somewhere that a primary NBA logo must have a basketball in it. Now that might not be right but Im sure I heard that.

Yup not true, 9 teams have no basketball in there primary logos.

Yup not true, 9 teams have no basketball in there primary logos.

I stand corrected.

Since thats the case I would not add a basketball to the logo, it looks solid without one. Maybe a new secondary with a basketball.

I love it. I like there current logo too, but this would definitely be an upgrade. It looks much more intimidating, and is much more fierce. I would try using their current wordmark though.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I really like this. I don't think it needs a basketball - nobody else in pro sports has a team named the "Raptors". And I think with the atrocious play of recent seasons, a re-brand would definitely be welcome.

I am also one of those people who like their current look. This is good, but it seems more like an NFL logo than NBA. NBA logos tend to have a few more elements thrown together that make up the composition of the logo, while NFL logos are more likely to just have a profile view of a head, which is what this is.

It could lose the tongue. Are raptors known for their tongues? I dont know, but it would be really good without the tongue IMO.

Archived