Atl. Flames concept

jkrdevil

When I was watching Calgary's game today, I was looking at the old Atlanta Flames logo and though about how I didn't like the way the flames were in the center of the A. So I came up with this concept and with the A being more like the C. The uniforms are simply the current Flames template. Remember this is an Atlanta Flames concept.

Atl Flames (c/p)

Comments are wanted :D

that looks nice, kinda like an X-line logo!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Nice blend of old and new, JKR. I like it, and I think it actually looks pretty good on the current Flames template. The straight lines on the jerseys lend better to an A-shape than a curved C.

Side note: This is post 400.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Old meets New - great concept JKR !!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I think the Atlanta "A" is one of the best logos ever in sports--I prefer it to the Flaming "C" even, so on that basis I would vote against this one--but as an alternate it would be okay.

BTW the Atlanta Flames name was a reference to the city burning during the Civil War--so the flames inside the "A" are quite appropriate...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Your logo is nice.

I was wondering what if the Calgary Flames, for their Captain's C, did a similar style logo to the old Atlanta A, like a hoop with a lick of flames edging from the outside in.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I like it a lot.

I'd just change the flames on the A so they didn't look like they were going downhill quite so much and extend the ones at the top of the A, making them longer so that all the flames were ending along the same line to the left of the A.

Something like this;

atlflames-logo.jpg

although these are still a bit of a downhill slant.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I appreciate the work and all, but this still doesn't match the class of the original--maybe do it as a fantasy team, or a made up minor affliate with a different city that doesn't start with A or C...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived