College To Pro: Miami edition

Discrim

Here goes the result of some wondering I've been doing lately, how a given player's college and pro uniforms would look if done in the other's style. I figure if I do more of these, the eras won't be all that precise, especially if decide to dig into the archives for the Unitases of the world. Anyways, I bring you College to Pro set I: Heroes of Miami I

c2pmiami.png

Starting off, Ray Lewis

c2praylewis.png

Yeh, I took a few liberties (the ibis/hurricane didn't exist when Ray was at the U, and they were still wearing block numbers), but in my defense, the English M is only used by the baseball team. Wouldn't have stopped me from using it had I felt like it, but hey.

Edgerrin James

c2pedgejames.png

I'd considered some sort of shadow on the Colts jersey, but decided against it in the end. Stop scratchin your head man, it could've been done.

Andre Johnson

c2pandrejohnson.png

Devin Hester

c2pdevhester.png

Heh, if nothing else, it's just something I personally wanted to see. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Like I said, I took a few liberties. Main reason I'm leaving the Ray set as it is is those liberties make for a nice ass jersey. I could've used the English M, as I mentioned, but then how often is that used outside of baseball? Come to think of it, the classic Sebastian might've worked, maybe. Only way to know would be to trot it out.

As far as schools, that won't be the only way I'm gonna group all these. Some of these will be by their NFL team instead. Groups of #1 picks, guys from the same draft class, possibly a Mr. Irrelevant cadre. A couple guys' pro slot will be CFL instead, and at least one guy's college slot will be high school instead.

2016cubscreamsig.png

This is actually a pretty cool idea. But it looks like you didn't do the same thing with the helmet stripes as with the rest of the uniform. For example, the Raven's helmet still has the tapered purple stripes and Miami has the solid stripes when it should be the other way around. The same goes with the other uniforms. Try experimenting with the helmets a little to go with. But this idea is a good one, I don't remember seeing something quite like this done before, I hope you keep this series going for a few more iterations.

Grunge-Logos.png

If I may suggest (not sure how set on classes you are), I think it might be even more interesting to take guys that made big names from FCS schools. The few that come to mind aren't in the NFL now (McNair, T.O., etc.), but there are some guys that are lighting it up (a la Ryan Fitzpatrick) that came from some lesser-known uni styles.

I like the concept, very interesting!

Let's Go Oakland, Gfonk: I felt it'd be best to keep the helmets as they were. While switching the helmet styles might work in some cases (i.e. I could easily have gone that route with this whole set, with a tweak here and there), in others it'd just look like a copout or you could simply write it off as too weird. Basically, unless the jerseys would otherwise be identical, the helmets would remain the same. A good example: when I do LaDainian, it'll likely be the Bolts on the NFL side. No TCU helmet should have lightning bolts, and the Broncos already have the horsehead theme covered.

drdougfresh: nothing's too set in stone yet, and I was thinking of some smaller-school groups anyway (being retired, unemployed or dead won't exclude anybody from appearing in this series), as well as groups of foreign-born players. Hell, I might do a CFL-NFL set or two, and a couple multi-sport guys (Charlie Ward, Jeff Samardzija) as a joke

2016cubscreamsig.png

Let's Go Oakland, Gfonk: I felt it'd be best to keep the helmets as they were. While switching the helmet styles might work in some cases (i.e. I could easily have gone that route with this whole set, with a tweak here and there), in others it'd just look like a copout or you could simply write it off as too weird. Basically, unless the jerseys would otherwise be identical, the helmets would remain the same. A good example: when I do LaDainian, it'll likely be the Bolts on the NFL side. No TCU helmet should have lightning bolts, and the Broncos already have the horsehead theme covered.

I kinda see your point, but I think you could change the helmet styles or striping or even colors without making things look too crazy. You don't even necessarily have to change the helmet logo, since that ups the difficulty/complexity of the project, but colors and stripes would have the same effect. Now, if in a couple years you do this for some NFL player who played for Maryland this year, you'll have a point.

That being said, I'm looking forward to more of this concept.

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived