NFL Week 8

dennisbergan

What I do wish, though, is that the navy was a little bolder, the gold a good bit richer. It may just be the EJD lighting, or maybe I'm just getting old, but it seemed to me that the Rams' navy and gold were much richer in appearance when this current identity first came out in 2000. Not sure if they tweaked their colors over the years or not (paging ColorWerx!), but the navy and vegas definitely appear much too muted and drab now.

I agree with you - the Rams' current color scheme used to stand out more. In particular, the gold seems to have gotten lighter and less metallic:

2000 (first year with current color scheme):

dQ3X0.jpgsOXj2.jpg

I cannot believe I never realized the gold stripe was missing on their uniforms today. I like these a lot better than what they are wearing.

spacer.png

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you - the Rams' current color scheme used to stand out more. In particular, the gold seems to have gotten lighter and less metallic:

sOXj2.jpg

Not that it makes the least bit of difference, but that pic is from 2001 or 2002. Note the updated font, and the Reebok logos on the Proehl's sleeve and Faulk's leg.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

sOXj2.jpg

Not that it makes the least bit of difference, but that pic is from 2001 or 2002. Note the updated font, and the Reebok logos on the Proehl's sleeve and Faulk's leg.

The authentic jersey from those years looked amazing in person. TV never did them justice.

BTW, loving those 49ers uni's in the background too. The T.O. era for the Niners had great uniforms.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

sOXj2.jpg

It would have to be 2001 - they took the side panels off for 2002.

Rams should just go back to basics and while they're at it, come back to LA :)

5b04cfa8d79089166b4e2aa6e701ff2b-getty-130976896.jpg

This pic reflects the game perfectly...pretty much all Rams. :cursing:

What about the Gabriel-era blue and white unis but with thin yellow trim on the horns, numbers, and stripes? Of course, we'd end up with 4-inch "stripes" on the shoulders (a la Colts) but what can you do?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived