NFL Week 8

dennisbergan

Problem I have with the current duds is the color scheme, so bland and drab under artificial light. Inexcusable for a dome team.

Maybe when they're playing their home games outdoors under the California sun, the color scheme won't look so bad.

Nah... it'll still be drab and bland.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: the Rams, I really don't mind the navy/vegas color scheme they use anymore. I can't say that I prefer one color set over the other anymore either (that is, current colors versus former). What I do wish, though, is that the navy was a little bolder, the gold a good bit richer. It may just be the EJD lighting, or maybe I'm just getting old, but it seemed to me that the Rams' navy and gold were much richer in appearance when this current identity first came out in 2000. Not sure if they tweaked their colors over the years or not (paging ColorWerx!), but the navy and vegas definitely appear much too muted and drab now.

In any event, the Rams could stand to do two things to turn their current sets into contemporary classics. One, they can ditch both their current navy pants as well as their white pants. The second is this: go with just two pairs of pants, solid gold, and solid navy. As far as I'm concerned, the Rams own the solid-colored pants look in the NFL, and the fact that they have yet to do the latter baffles my brain. (True, that'd probably require a "gold" pair of socks, but if the Detroit Lions could conjure up some "silver" socks, I see no reason why the Rams couldn't conjure up some "gold" socks, either.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Problem I have with the current duds is the color scheme, so bland and drab under artificial light. Inexcusable for a dome team.

Maybe when they're playing their home games outdoors under the California sun, the color scheme won't look so bad.

pittman.png

Huh? How is this "drab and bland". Colors look rich and upper class IMO.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

pittman.png

Take that same photo with the throwback right next to it? Drab and bland.

pittman.png

But the throwback is a perfect retro look that belongs in the past or as a 3rd uni. The richer deeper colors are more midwest/blue collar than the Hollywood bright colors. Regardless if they won their SuperBowl in StL with the retro look, it just doesn't fit St Louis.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

But the throwback is a perfect retro look that belongs in the past or as a 3rd uni. The richer deeper colors are more midwest/blue collar than the Hollywood bright colors. Regardless if they won their SuperBowl in StL with the retro look, it just doesn't fit St Louis.

Deeper I'll give you, but richer? Eh.

And I'm from the mid-west... that means I gotta wear drab dark colors? Not buying.

Deeper I'll give you, but richer? Eh.

And I'm from the mid-west... that means I gotta wear drab dark colors? Not buying.

You don't "gotta wear", but the Hollywood bright colors don't work, again IMO. Plus, people ONLY love that uniform because it is retro/iconic. The LA/StL Rams couldn't sell those jerseys when they were their primary uni's to save their life. The current set is seen all over the that area.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Watching the Chiefs perfect uniforms tonight against the Chargers is really REALLY making me miss the old 85-95 Browns uni's. :mad:

old_dawgs-1.png

Gotta love MNF games when it's one of the greatest uni's of all-time against one of the worst. The Chargers current set is flat out hideous.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I was never big on the Rams home uniforms from that set and I think I just figured out why. It's the yellow numbers. There's just too much yellow and they look so cheesy and they looked especially cheesy back when they used screen printed numbers.

If the numbers had a simple white outline or were white outlined in yellow it would've broken up the dominance of yellow, and tied in the white NOB and stripe on the pants.

I prefer the throwback colors to the current uniforms though.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Plus, people ONLY love that uniform because it is retro/iconic.

No.

Always dangerous to try to read people's minds.

I have that power. :P

The cheesy colors and design worked perfect for the era they existed, but in 2011 and beyond, it just doesn't fit. It's an absolutely perfect 3rd uniform option. The same applies to the Bucs and Patriots throwbacks as well. None of the 3 should ever come back as that team's primary uniforms.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

The (Rams') richer deeper colors are more midwest/blue collar than the Hollywood bright colors.

You do realize that the royal blue/athletic gold color scheme was designed in Cleveland, right? :P

Colors, I suppose. And that was waaaay back in the day. Plus, it was more of a function thing. Those colors were that way so the QB could easily locate is WRs. I'd say the game is played much differently now.

Agree to disagree. I love the current Rams uniforms.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

There was nothing wrong with the Rams' old colors (except for the helmet mismatch, which IMO wasn't a huge deal.) There's nothing "Hollywood" about royal and yellow just like there's nothing "midwest" about navy and gold.

The problem with the Rams old set is that they were just dated. From the heat-pressed numbers, the "local sporting-goods store" font, the stripes on the pants, and the "designed for long '70s sleeves" ram horns, they were just past their time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There was nothing wrong with the Rams' old colors (except for the helmet mismatch, which IMO wasn't a huge deal.) There's nothing "Hollywood" about royal and yellow just like there's nothing "midwest" about navy and gold.

The problem with the Rams old set is that they were just dated. From the heat-pressed numbers, the "local sporting-goods store" font, the stripes on the pants, and the "designed for long '70s sleeves" ram horns, they were just past their time.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. I don't want that uniform back... just the colors.

Archived