NFL Week 8

dennisbergan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams should just go back to basics and while they're at it, come back to LA :)

>>>>>>

I've heard numerous sources say that out of all the 32 teams, the Rams would make the most sense for the LA move that's now become inevitable.

If that happened, they should go back to the basics of the 65-'71 look IMO. I love how angular the ram horns are on those old LA Rams helmets, and the color scheme totally fits the bill.

roman_gabriel.jpgt663395-500.jpg

>>>>>>

Out of all the 32 teams, that would make the most sense for the LA move.

Huh? All week long I've been hearing about how St. Louis has "the best fans in the world" ..... Huh? Whatdda you mean "just the Cardinals"? :upside:

6uXNWAo.png

>>>>>>

I've heard numerous sources say that out of all the 32 teams, that would make the most sense for the LA move that's inevitable.

what sources bro? can you help me out? just articles or some inside info?

and seriously, how great would this look in St. Louis or LA

rams need to get rid of that boring beige

168eu6f.png

>>>>>>

Huh? All week long I've been hearing about how St. Louis has "the best fans in the world" ..... Huh? Whatdda you mean "just the Cardinals"? :upside:

Yes, actually. :P

what sources bro? can you help me out? just articles or some inside info?

and seriously, how great would this look in St. Louis or LA

rams need to get rid of that boring beige

168eu6f.png

>>>>>>

Just from several columnists on the internet, and one of the LA Time columnists, might of been Bill Plaschke, not totally positive.

In my view, and this is only my opinion, is that the only way LA should get another team is if it goes to the Majestic project, not the AEG.

Tailgating is a very important part of the NFL experience, where ya gonna tailgate if it's at AEG's Farmers Field stadium crammed into Downtown LA, inside of big parking ramps? Supposing the team is on MNF, can you imagine the traffic any worse than it is right now in the heart of the city and during rush-hour for a 5:30 pm kickoff?

It's the worst possible location to have an NFL stadium, after the LA Coliseum.

I thought it would cost way too much to break the lease the Rams have in StL.

Quite the opposite, actually. It will cost St. Louis an awful lot to keep them - under the terms of the lease, the city needs to upgrade the dome to the standards of a brand new park in the next couple years.

If St. Louis doesn't provide the shiny and lucrative new park, the Rams can leave after 2014. By the way, St. Louis needs to show the stadium plan, including where the money's coming from, starting next February. All while Missouri citizens are voting to strip hundreds of millions of dollars from St. Louis's budget.

The Rams have to be considered at the very least likely to move to LA, if not the prohibitive favorite.

>>>>>>

Yes, actually. :P

>>>>>

St Louis is probably the one American city that likes baseball overwhelmingly more than football, great fans (for MLB)

Their Cardinals play in a gorgeous new baseball stadium, the Rams play indoors in that stupid dome that lacks a retractable roof. Football should be played in the outdoor elements as much as possible. They never showed much passion for the football Cardinals before the '88 move, and they can't blame it all on Bidwell like they seem to always use as an excuse. He's still around and doing much better in AZ.

If frigid Green Bay, and rainy Seattle can play outdoors, there's no excuse for St Louis to have a dome.

The Giants endzone is still outlined in pink.

For good reason, since you know last time I checked the calendar said October.

Yeah, and they have to go overboard and do the endzone in pink because? Other than it looks absurd, I didn't know their was a rule about pinkwashing going to the endzone too.

The NFL needs to take an example from the NHL and MLB. The NHL has hockey fights cancer, it's not just one form of cancer. And hockey also focuses alot on prostate cancer awareness, since ya know when the players in a sport are all men and a large percentage of the fans are, raising awareness for a cancer that affects women mostly doesn't make much sense.

I think we are aware of breast cancer. The Komen group needs to stop getting up everyones ass who doesn't go all pink for them. General cancer research is a much better, and non-specific, way to fight a disease that varies so much.

For the record? Leading cause of death from cancer. Lung cancer. Leading cause of non-preventable? Colon cancer.

But yes, let us be aware for the past however many years, of a cancer that is highly curable when caught early and yet no strides have been made with the billions they've received.

Maybe the foundation people should stop taking such large percentages.

Rant over.

Texans looked awesome today. I love those red unis.

Also count me as a fan of the Rams throwbacks. Interesting to throwback to a uni that isn't that old like they've done the past 2 or 3 years, but I still like it.

Orange Broncos jerseys are things of beauty.

2ly2w09.jpg

Best Games of the Day

1. Minnesota vs Carolina (I love the Vikings uniforms and the Panthers blue always looks good, but not a good as black)

2. Cincinnati vs Seattle (I love the Bengals black pants and you all know I love the Seahawks monochrome)

3. Washington vs Bills (gold pants made this a top three pick)

4. New Orleans vs St. Louis (2nd Bsst throwback of all time behind the Buccaneers)

5. Jacksonville vs Houston (love the red)

6. Honorable Mention - Detroit vs. Denver (Orange really looks good for Denver)

Worst Game of the Day

1. Cleveland vs San Francisco (I am sick of all-white already this season, but I absolutely hate the 49ers new uniform. They should have left the black on the uniform because it made the gold pop more)

spacer.png

I disagree about SF. The white on red pops so much more than their old muddied double-outlined, dropshadowed numbers. Plus the cherry red is much crisper than the dark purplish maroon. Nothing finer than white and red Braisher stripes.

I'd agree with you on the black-outlined numbers from the 1994 throwback, but they took it way too far on the re-design. a little black helps, but a lot hurts design.

With the darker color scheme and over-reliance on black, "muddy" is about the best word I can use to describe the old look. The current one is crisper, brighter, and so much more pleasing to my eye.

Worst Game of the Day

1. Cleveland vs San Francisco (I am sick of all-white already this season, but I absolutely hate the 49ers new uniform. They should have left the black on the uniform because it made the gold pop more)

Woof!

I agree that one is a stinker from a looks standpoint. I like the 49ers cherry red jerseys better than the last ones, but the pants are so flat.

Archived