NFL Week 8

dennisbergan

The black jerseys are still their primaries so they will be worn. From what I remember, I think the Panthers wear white for their first couple home games, then blue for the next 2, and then black for the rest of their home games.

>>>>>

I remember several seasons back they wore their alternates on the road both times. One of the games was in Arizona in what I believe was the Cards last season at Sun Devil Stadium.

You're right about them wearing white at their first few home games, but I don't remember them ever having a pattern of switching to the turquoise in consecutive weeks before wearing the black.

Either way, out of all teams that have 'alternates', that turquoise set of theirs is my favorite. It looks like the Caribbean in the bright sunlight, just a gorgeous set! thumbsup.gif

09000d5d8239a608_gallery_600.jpg

The bigger question is will Skydome Rogers Centre roof be opened or closed?

It's currently partly cloudy and 48° up there .... I hope it's OPEN

It will not be open. According to a Toronto Star article from 2008, the field at Rogers Centre does not have a proper drainage system in the event of rain or snow, and the roof is locked closed for the winter after the Blue Jays' season is finished.

>>>>>

Yea, I read about that a short time ago on the Bills board, thanks tho'.

Still, I fail to see why they can't temporarily close it for a month and reopen it for 1 day (pending weather) when the Bills play there 30 days after the Jays are done. Rarely does the temperature ever hit 32° or under before Nov 1st ....

We all pray that after next season the contract isn't renewed ... Toronto has taken a major loss on this deal. We have no home-field advantage playing there, it's not like when the Packers would play in Milwaukee, it's a very subdued crowd. Limited amount of Western New Yorkers make the trip. Also there's no tailgating there either which takes alot of the fun out it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Redskins have the best look in football when wearing their gold pants.. totally beats the hell out of the burgundy pants. Them against the Bills is definitely the best uni match-up of the day in my opinion.

...at least the Skins look good uniform-wise, because the performance on the field is just an abomination.

90758391980.gif

The Redskins have the best look in football when wearing their gold pants.. totally beats the hell out of the burgundy pants. Them against the Bills is definitely the best uni match-up of the day in my opinion.

...at least the Skins look good uniform-wise, because the performance on the field is just an abomination.

I fully support keeping the burgundy pants as the primary for the simple fact that they won three super bowls in them.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I fully support keeping the burgundy pants as the primary for the simple fact that they won three super bowls in them.

Gotta quit living in the past at some point. I'd rather look to the future for Super Bowls than the past.

90758391980.gif

Gotta quit living in the past at some point. I'd rather look to the future for Super Bowls than the past.

At times like these, we need to hold on to something right! :cry:

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

The bigger question is will Skydome Rogers Centre roof be opened or closed?

It's currently partly cloudy and 48° up there .... I hope it's OPEN

It will not be open. According to a Toronto Star article from 2008, the field at Rogers Centre does not have a proper drainage system in the event of rain or snow, and the roof is locked closed for the winter after the Blue Jays' season is finished.

So it's locked closed in April?

cool.gif

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

The Rams' royal blue/yellow duds are probably my favorite sports uni of all time. The ram's horn designs on both the helmet and jersey look, well, a bit anemic compared to the past 70's/80's/90's versions. I guess the thinner horns are "in" nowadays,but I think the older designs looked better.

Good joke

I think we both know that's not gonna happen. Not for the Redskins, or any pro sports franchise with multiple championship banners in it's stadium/arena. Future championships are not guaranteed, but nobody can ever take away what a franchise has accomplished in the past. With that said, BURGUNDY PANTS FOREVER!!!!!!

Hotter Than July > Thriller

<<<<<<<

That's what John Beck was doing today, living in the past as if they still had those legendary hogs on their OL because he was holding the ball way too long.

9 sacks ... wow !!

If the Redskins are gonna keep going with that same uniform and logo set, I wish they'd at least bring out a throwback set, the ones worn in 2002 based on the '65-'69 look. One of my all-time favorite throwbacks which I've stated several times on here..

*** That neck cushion or whatever they're called, on # 60 ... I haven't see one of those in several years.

P_6.jpg

Archived