Panthers Uniforms

frosty06306

The one thing I've never understood about the Panthers is why, whenever they've worn the electric blue alt tops, they've never worn the electric blue socks along with them. (I can't recall ever having seen them do that.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That's a good point. Plus they also need more pants combinations but not enough to where it dilutes the brand and whatever update they are trying to do for the fact it's their first.

Hopefully, Nike provides them with Black and Electric Blue pants next season and does away with the White and Silver altogether.

spacer.png

That's a good point. Plus they also need more pants combinations but not enough to where it dilutes the brand and whatever update they are trying to do for the fact it's their first.

Hopefully, Nike provides them with Black and Electric Blue pants next season and does away with the White and Silver altogether.

White I can see, but keeping the Silver as a mid-level balance color is a must, IMO. Especially when one of your main colors is black. There must be a bit of contrast between main colors, and Silver would provide that...

White I can see, but keeping the Silver as a mid-level balance color is a must, IMO. Especially when one of your main colors is black. There must be a bit of contrast between main colors, and Silver would provide that...

That is an excellent point and I retract my previous comment. You are right that silver would be a great contrasting number.

spacer.png

I love the Panthers electric-blues, but if there's one team in the NFL I think could sport a full-time, all-black look (helmets, jerseys, pants & socks), it's the Panthers.

After all, a panther (or at least the one depicted in their logo) is just an all-black variation of either a leopard, jaguar or cougar.

Curious to see if Nike's thinking the same thing.

I love the Panthers electric-blues, but if there's one team in the NFL I think could sport a full-time, all-black look (helmets, jerseys, pants & socks), it's the Panthers.

After all, a panther (or at least the one depicted in their logo) is just an an all-black variation of either a leopard, jaguar or cougar.

Curious to see if Nike's thinking the same thing.

I've always thought the Ravens kinda deserved to wear all black. As bad as their alternates look now, if they were to redesign a new black jersey I think it'd be more fitting than purple

Someone (I forget) used to refer to Joe Gibbs as a white jersey supremacist. That always made me laugh. As far as white at home...how can the Steelers, Raiders, and even the Miami Hurricanes "survive" but others can't? It also boggles my mind when the team wears a white jersey at home (to beat the massive heat) but wears colored pants.

Ah, that would have been me. Glad I was able to cause laughter, which I usually don't. It just used to really tick me off that the Redskins (my local team, although I hate 'em) wore the same uniform 14-15 times a year. Lame!

The Redskins actually wore white at home for all of 1964, the first year the NFL permitted home teams to decide what jersey to wear.

1981 - 2000: white at home (coaches: Gibbs, Petitbone, Norv Turner)

2001: red at home (coach: Schottenheimer)

2002-2003: white for early season hot weather games, also the 2002 throwback uniform (coach: Spurrier)

2004-07: white at home (coach: Gibbs again!!)

2008-09: white at home in early season, then red (coach: Zorn)

2010-??: red at home (coach Shanallenhan)

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived