Panthers Uniforms

frosty06306

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Fall-colors/b157d0ca-5cc1-46ec-8255-6959b0aa2b26

so ive seen the weekly uniform discussion, and i keep noticing people asking when the panthers will wear black and was surprised to see that no one has posted the link to what theyre wearing each week. and ive known what theyre going to wear each week. this was announced weeks before the season started, surprised more teams don't do this. anyway i thought yall would like to see this.

Interesting. Honestly, I think the surprise is half the fun, but why in the heck do the panthers have an utter disregard for home and away colors? Isn't there some NFL rule against that?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Fall-colors/b157d0ca-5cc1-46ec-8255-6959b0aa2b26

so ive seen the weekly uniform discussion, and i keep noticing people asking when the panthers will wear black and was surprised to see that no one has posted the link to what theyre wearing each week. and ive known what theyre going to wear each week. this was announced weeks before the season started, surprised more teams don't do this. anyway i thought yall would like to see this.

Thanks man, I was curious about the black uniforms.

spacer.png

Interesting. Honestly, I think the surprise is half the fun, but why in the heck do the panthers have an utter disregard for home and away colors? Isn't there some NFL rule against that?

I'll be honest I'm not really up to date with all the jersey rules, however I wanna say we wear our whites at home for the first half or so of the season as it is still warm in Charlotte. Then we wear black as it begins to cool down. Also we have worn white in all but maybe one of our playoff games.

I'll be honest I'm not really up to date with all the jersey rules, however I wanna say we wear our whites at home for the first half or so of the season as it is still warm in Charlotte. Then we wear black as it begins to cool down. Also we have worn white in all but maybe one of our playoff games.

Yeah, I think you're on to something. Tampa Bay and Tennessee do the same thing, I think.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

Well, look at the Cowboys. They NEVER wear their navy. It's "bad luck."

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Well, look at the Cowboys. They NEVER wear their navy. It's "bad luck."

Thats why in two home playoff games against the Cowboys we wore white, and went 2-0 against the navy blues :)

Yes, I believe they are only allowed to wear the designated alternates a certain amount of times a year (two?). They can wear the white or color jersey at home as they wish so long as they announce it ahead of time - not sure of the timeframe but the jersey designations have to be officially declared sometime before the season starts.

With the new (and obsurd) NFL Rules on alternate/throwemback uniforms (only can be worn in the first 10 games of the season), I'd hope teams like Carolina and San Diego who fart around wearing white early in the year, will cease in coming years.

San Diego still hasn't worn either navy or baby blue yet and Carolina still hasn't worn their black jersey's. And we are in November.

Washington used to wear white at home in the Jim Zorn years and Steve Spurrier years. I'm glad that's over and done with now.

As for "surprise", nowadays the Redskins wear the same thing no matter what or where. Burgundy on gold at home and white on gold on the road, unless the opponent wears gold or yellow pants (Packers, Steelers, Rams, etc). For some teams, surprises are a bad thing, as surprises often lead to the team looking absolutely ridiculous when they take the field.

Washington used to wear white at home in the Jim Zorn years and Steve Spurrier years. I'm glad that's over and done with now.

As for "surprise", nowadays the Redskins wear the same thing no matter what or where. Burgundy on gold at home and white on gold on the road, unless the opponent wears gold or yellow pants (Packers, Steelers, Rams, etc). For some teams, surprises are a bad thing, as surprises often lead to the team looking absolutely ridiculous when they take the field.

Wasn't white at home a Joe Gibbs trademark?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yes it was. He got that when he was an assistant in San Diego under Don Coryell, who always had his Chargers teams wear white at home so the jerseys wouldn't absorb as much heat. When Alex Spanos bought the Chargers, he forced the Chargers to wear the blue jerseys at home. But yes, Joe Gibbs always had the Redskins wear white at home and many people thought he was copying the Cowboys but he was not. It became a tradition after awhile, especially with all the Super Bowl wins. You would think a supposed fanboy like Snyder would have maintained that tradition. But I have to admit I do like the burgundy jerseys with the yellow pants.

Someone (I forget) used to refer to Joe Gibbs as a white jersey supremacist. That always made me laugh. As far as white at home...how can the Steelers, Raiders, and even the Miami Hurricanes "survive" but others can't? It also boggles my mind when the team wears a white jersey at home (to beat the massive heat) but wears colored pants.

KISSwall09.jpg

Someone (I forget) used to refer to Joe Gibbs as a white jersey supremacist. That always made me laugh. As far as white at home...how can the Steelers, Raiders, and even the Miami Hurricanes "survive" but others can't? It also boggles my mind when the team wears a white jersey at home (to beat the massive heat) but wears colored pants.

Yeah, it gets embarrassing when a team in black like the Raiders or Steelers come into your yard and beat you in the massive heat. Happened to the Chargers a few times, that's for sure.

It also boggles my mind when the team wears a white jersey at home (to beat the massive heat) but wears colored pants.

It has to do with core temperature. The legs are extremities, from a physiological standpoint.

Gibbs was known for white jerseys on burgundy pants. That tradition carried on even when Norv was with the team (I can't ever recall seeing them in anything else before Snyder took over).

So far this year, the Skins have worn Burgundy over Gold for all home games, plus against the Cowboys. They've worn white over burgundy twice (St. Louis and Carolina) and white over gold once (Buffalo).

White at home was a relative norm from Gibbs until last season (twenty years!). The Skins broke out the gold pants against the Cowboys to star the season last year, and it was amazing. Last season, they wore the burgundy over white look twice (at Phila, v. Green Bay), which needs to be retired.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Just an FYI, you're "hope they never change" sentiment may be in hot water... :therock:

Yes I'm quite aware, a lot of the concepts on here have me a little skeptical, but I don't know if Richardson would agree to something ridiculous that Nike may have up their sleeve. I have a lot of issue with the want of a black helmet, would look pretty stupid since our logo is you know black for the vast majority, wouldn't work, keep it silver.

Archived