Colorado Rockies Logo Concept

JSauer21

Not bad. Kind of reminds me a Minnesota Wild logo. Two landscapes in one. Anyways, it's good, but it still needs some work, particularly the top where it looks a little empty. 4/5 though. A couple suggestions:

1) It seems like you got a night scene going so maybe try a baseball that would not only serve as an avalanche, but also a moon.

2) Thicken the outline of the skyline.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I think you should simplify the "snow" more, because it's a little complex for how simple this is, and you have already seen one instance of someone being confused as to what it is. I like it though, like VC// said, I would work on making it a more "even" shape. The angles you have on the left lower point and the right lower point are not the same, and it makes it look a little lopsided. I would also look at making sure the white space surrounding the inside of the logo is uniform as well.

It would make more sense to me, if the team was the Denver Rockies, not the Colorado Rockies. Your obviously using the Denver skyline, which is nice, and the logo has a ton of promise, but it doesnt capture the "Colorado" aspect of the team.

DLWatt.png

It would make sense to use the largest city's skyline though, regardless of the team name. If that's how people in Colorado identify with it, that's all that matters. My only gripe is the triangle thing, it looks uneven because of that.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

It would make more sense to me, if the team was the Denver Rockies, not the Colorado Rockies. You're obviously using the Denver skyline, which is nice, and the logo has a ton of promise, but it doesnt capture the "Colorado" aspect of the team.

What does this even mean? I would venture a guess to say that the Rocky Mountains and Denver are pretty reflective of the state. Too many elements makes a crowded logo, and this is a good balance for a team named after the state it resides in.

With the exception of the Cash Register building, that skyline could work for about 40 other cities. you're missing a few of the tallest buildings in the city as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I made some changes due to your suggestions. I made simpler snow, more buildings, and added a baseball. VC//, I don't exactly know what you mean with the perfect triangle thing, but I would like to know.

FQdbg.jpg

That's a very solid update. I can actually see a 3-d feel to it. I kind of feel that it's a little busy, but it's okay. I definitely think that this would be a solid update to the current logo. There is still one thing I would do. I would add the bottom jagged rock that's on the right side, and put it on the left side too. I know that may not be what you're going for, but it would make feel a little more asymmetrical. Nice job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

How would it would look if the snowcaps came out of the outline? Or in effect you lost the inside black outline?

With or without the inside outline the inconsistent width of the white outline really bugs me. It makes it look to me like the mountain range is leaning forward or something - ie the top is closer to the viewer to the bottom.

I do think the symmetrical range works better, keep that.

Archived