BB's Nike CFB Designs 2.0

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wyoming

Giving you a brief explanation of this one. I was always a bigger fan of Wyoming's brown and "tanish" gold color scheme. I thought the colors blended really nicely and made for a wonderfully unique look. I also feel like the Cowboys could use a way classier uniform set than the mess they have now. This is nothing groundbreaking--simplicity to the max--but I feel like the look goes better with the super classic logo.

export1.png

export2.png

I think it's really drab compared to the yellow gold. Brown and yellow gold have much more energy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I personally love the prairie gold we had even though most Wyo fans hate it. As far as the concepts go, man great job. I cannot express how much I love the white/brown/white combo for home and gold/white/gold on the road. Fantastic work. I was very excited to see what you'd come up with since most people never do Wyoming concepts! You didn't disappoint me at all. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for this series!

Ok, first off, I would like to apologize. I was way to angry when I posted my rantings, and I regret doing so.

I would like to take the opportunity to calmly explain why I dislike the Oregon concept.

1. The dark green doesn't work with the black. The reason they use the steel is because it blends better with the black uniforms. Plus, it completely mismatches the steel wings on the set.

2. The numbers on the sleeves are unnecessary. You already have them on the front and back, and unlike tv numbers, they don't serve a practical purpose.

3. The numbers seem too rounded. Maybe that's just because of your source (I understand how hard it is to find those numbers), but I felt like i should point it out anyway.

4. The steel print on the numbers looks weird, especially on the yellow numbers. If you ditch the steel color, you should ditch the number patterns as well.

And really, the problem I have with this entire series is that, while it is apparent that you put a lot of effort into it, you're playing it very safe with all of these. The only concept I really like is Duke's. Why? Because those shoulder stripes are interesting. Not only that, but they fit with Duke as well. But as for the rest, yes they look good, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them, but nothing wows me. It's all expected.

This is just my opinion, but I really don't care if the concept would never be worn by the team. To answer your question "Would you be appalled if Oregon wore these uniforms?" No, I wouldn't. Because it's basically what they're wearing now. And really, I would miss the steel. There is this notion that steel is getting away with your identity. Personally, I think your best identity is what you win with. Oregon has been winning with steel colors, so getting rid of it would be getting rid of the one identity that people recognize them by.

Anyway, back on topic, I like the Wyoming uniforms, but again, you're being way too conservative here. I know you want to go with realistic, but isn't there enough of that? The prairie gold is much more cowboyish, but more could be done. I'm thinking about doing an "interesting" Wyoming concept (like the oregon one i showed you), so I won't tell you what I will do, but more could've been done.

I would appreciate it if the next time someone dislikes a concept, everyone doesn't jump on them. The only time i see people say they dislike something is when everyone else says the same. I know I didn't exactly say it in the best way, but I was destroyed for showing an unpopular opinion. For me, that's the one problem in this board, and I'm ashamed to say that I partake in this too. Whenever someone says "I like ____ ." and nobody else agrees, everyone jumps on that person and says "YOU'RE STUPID!!! TROLLL, TROLL!!!" and bash him. And yes, sometimes it's because of how the person says it, which was I think my circumstance here. But other times it's not, and they don't deserve any hate what so ever.

Again though, I would like to apologize for my behavior, and you can take my criticism without this entire board raging this time.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

NAILED Wyoming, BB! I'm one of the ones out there who miss the tannish vegas gold (it just goes much better with the brown in my humble opinion), re-integrating as you have here looks fantastic. Also, Wyoming is one of those schools that, to me, look best "simple". Glad to see the Pokes back to the basics again. No complaints whatsoever. Keep up the great work this series!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Boise State

Boise State change is similar to Oregon's. The main thing is ditching the grey/silver, and all of the weird gradients. I also wanted to create some solidified color combinations that actually make sense. No more mad, inconsistenty and mismatched usage of different uniforms.

export1-7.png

export2-8.png

export3-6.png

Add "Broncos" down the pant legs and this would be a perfect set.

Oregon - Nice try but I prefer having the silver as an alternate color on the number to green.

spacer.png

Archived