Major League Soccer Redesign

Saathoff

mlslogo.png

Hey guys. This is Saathoff here, I'm slightly new to the forums. Recently I've gotten some major interest in doing MLS redesign. So I'd thought I'd share my creations with you guys. Above I simplified the current MLS logo. I'm actually a supporter of this logo. Nothing wrong with it, but the previous version was a bit busy. I also retoned the blue and green within the MLS logo.

I'll start with my first club redesign

Philadelphia Union

philadelphiaunionhomekit.png

philadelphiaunionawaykit.png

philadelphiaunionclashkit.png

So with the Philadelphia Union, i kept the colors, i really like them. However i changed to small features in the clubs crest. I removed the light blue by replacing it with Navy blue and white which makes the crest more appealing. As for the kits i was never a huge fan of the solid block in the middle so i removed that and added a 2 stripe slash which works great with these colors. Out of these my least favorite is the 2nd away kit which should read 3rd kit. I'm not the biggest fan of the all gold uniform but in this case it does work

I'd like to hear what y'all think. Remember these are just ideas. I'm not the best photoshopper but i certainly try my best.

Next Club: Montréal Impact

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Nice work. Very well done. I'm partial to their original kits...but they just don't work well anymore with the sponsor logo. These are an improvement because of that. I'm not crazy about the tweak to the crest...but it's not horrible either.

gYH2mW9.png

They're great Saathoff the MLS logo is very crisp the blue stripe on the boot breaks the black up nicely.

The Union logo is a lot cleaner and more understandable to read, the clubs logo looks to busy i'd like to see it toned down more as they have a shield within a shield, but that's me and my take on it.

The Home and away kits are top notch and so is the alternate. But the alternate is not really an alternate when you use the same colours as you have in the first two, you need to branch out a bit and throw in a different colour or have a different design in there.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

montrealimpactalternatekit.pngmontrealimpacthomeawaykit.png

Thought I'd release one more before the night ended. It's the new Montréal Impact joining the MLS as it's 19th member. As rumored by known sources Montreal was going to use a inter stripe, so that was my main focus in image number two. Sponsor is Saputo, which is also their owner, I have no clue if they will use it on their kits but its about 90% chance they will. The kits also include the Fleur-de-lis, which is a common image for the French. The second alternate uniform i made is a black kit with 2 solid blue and white stripes on the upper chest with a light white pinstripe. This kit would sort of act as an away like the Seattle Sounder's shale kit which is rarely worn unless their green conflicts with another team's colors.

Hope you enjoyed the first Canadian team to the MLS Redesign.

Thanks!

Very nice work for both Philly and Montreal.

If i'm not mistaken BMO has signed on as Montreal's kit sponsor, but it makes sense to use Saputo.

The Impact did have a kit similar to the "inter stripe" one you created in their past so it makes even more sense to use that design.

Well done sir.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Loving both designs so far.

My only comment would be that there is a bit of Fleur de Lis overload on Montreal's set. I would get rid of the left Fleur on the front and only keep one of them on the back. But otherwise, really great designs that don't look like anything else in MLS now.

losangelesgalaxyhomekit.png

losangelesgalaxyawaykit.png

losangelesgalaxy3rdkit.png

Next kits up are the Los Angeles Galaxy. After David Beckham won his first MLS Cup it's more than likely he might be headed elsewhere, as in Paris for PSG. So I had LA fall back on their former colors of green and gold. I decided on just a simple 1 stripe design down the left side of the jersey.

Not much to say on this, btw if you guys didnt know im a huge Seattle Sounder supporter. Official member of the Emerald City Supporters and President of the Heartland Horde (ECS Midwest Supporters Group)

As A La Supporter i like the going back to green and gold but work a sash in there and it would scream Galaxy

I'm not a Galaxy supporter (but congrats to you and your boys capitalcanuck) but I agree with his comments.

The green and gold with a sash is always what I think of when I think of the Galaxy.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Thanks for the comments guys. I really wanted to do a slash but i wanted keep it concepts. Honestly if LA were to go back to green and gold i would love if they had the slash, i really liked that about them before they got Becks. Sorry on the Donovan. I just did it quick wasn't thinking, i know better.

@Griffinmarlins. Yeah i made that like 6 months back i think. More of WIP. Im not the biggest fan of my clubs current crest. But it works. Atleast people know who we are.

Next up we got FC Dallas

fcdallashomekit.pngfcdallasawaykit.png

fcdallasclashkit.png

Okay to explain FC Dallas. I kept their known multi-stripe design but made the stripes smaller. However i like the bigger stripes they have. I keep their home/away color series. But i brought back their clash kit. Never was a fan but the kit works. Its grey and white.

Another good one.

You kept that look that they are famous for and didn't screw around with it too much. Love the sock too!

ps.... great font on the back of the jerseys!

Archived