Dynasty Hockey League

Cody21

I always enjoy when people try to create fantasy hockey leagues - even if they are consisting of defunct teams.

Not to smash your dreams - but I give this a 1/10 grade - 1 being the lowest. It's a nice idea but there is really no effort at all other than slapping on old logos (that are way too big) and repainting templates.

Instead of 20 teams - I would suggest starting with maybe a 6 team project. Always room for expansion.

With cutting your teams down, this will also give you enough time to really sit down and focus on them. Take inspiration from the original logos and create some yourself. Nothing wrong in using an original logo but it really takes away from your project - since it's really not yours then.

two logos are originally created by me the skulls one and the tropics one. i am doing edited versions for all the jerseys soon.plus i will cut diown to a original 12 instead. hows that? :grin:(*.5)

You made the West Palm Beach Tropics logo?

spba_rodney_scott.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always enjoy when people try to create fantasy hockey leagues - even if they are consisting of defunct teams.

Not to smash your dreams - but I give this a 1/10 grade - 1 being the lowest. It's a nice idea but there is really no effort at all other than slapping on old logos (that are way too big) and repainting templates.

Instead of 20 teams - I would suggest starting with maybe a 6 team project. Always room for expansion.

With cutting your teams down, this will also give you enough time to really sit down and focus on them. Take inspiration from the original logos and create some yourself. Nothing wrong in using an original logo but it really takes away from your project - since it's really not yours then.

two logos are originally created by me the skulls one and the tropics one. i am doing edited versions for all the jerseys soon.plus i will cut diown to a original 12 instead. hows that? :grin:(*.5)

spba_rodney_scott.jpg

BUSTED!!!

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

spba_rodney_scott.jpg

BUSTED!!!

haha i know i got busted there. i didn't make the logo exactly. i edited it a bit with a new bolder font a changed the colour scheme a bit to suit the hockey team. the colours are from the florida gators. and the skulls one is 100% mine. you cant find that anywhere. i usally edit logos, not fully create them.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

haha i know i got busted there. i didn't make the logo exactly. i edited it a bit with a new bolder font a changed the colour scheme a bit to suit the hockey team. the colours are from the florida gators. and the skulls one is 100% mine. you cant find that anywhere. i usally edit logos, not fully create them.

Are you sure about that Cody. Because your skull logo looks exactly like this logo.

SkullLogo.png

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Are you sure about that Cody. Because your skull logo looks exactly like this logo.

SkullLogo.png

wow. your right! that does look like my logo. i actually used that logo on a different jersey. i asssume thats a coincidence.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

SkullLogo.png

wow. your right! that does look like my logo. i actually used that logo on a different jersey. i asssume thats a coincidence.

That doesn't look like a coincidence to me Cody. Those are the exact same logos (minus flames), please stop taking credit for other people's work!

SkullLogo.png

That doesn't look like a coincidence to me Cody. Those are the exact same logos (minus flames), please stop taking credit for other people's work!

okay inm sorry. will credit all the logos i use from now on. all these logos aren't mine. i edited a few and some are from teams of the past. i dont know how to make logos otherwise i would. i suck at drawing.

okay inm sorry. will credit all the logos i use from now on. all these logos aren't mine. i edited a few and some are from teams of the past. i dont know how to make logos otherwise i would. i suck at drawing.

I'm sorry, but "I suck at drawing" really isn't a good excuse. People say this all the time, but give no effort to actually get better at drawing. If you want to get good, you will need to devote some time to practice. I suggest sitting down with a pencil and paper, and practice drawing whatever it is you want to turn into a logo realistically. After you do that, research other logos and use them as examples of how to achieve the simplification, movement, etc. needed to make a strong logo. And the most important part of this is to take your time. You won't see your intended results right away, but keep working at it, eventually you will get there.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I'm sorry, but "I suck at drawing" really isn't a good excuse. People say this all the time, but give no effort to actually get better at drawing. If you want to get good, you will need to devote some time to practice. I suggest sitting down with a pencil and paper, and practice drawing whatever it is you want to turn into a logo realistically. After you do that, research other logos and use them as examples of how to achieve the simplification, movement, etc. needed to make a strong logo. And the most important part of this is to take your time. You won't see your intended results right away, but keep working at it, eventually you will get there.

fine i'll just go ahead and cite logos from now on from past teams.

sorry cody but reluctantly "agreeing" to cite a logo thats not yours isnt cool. you gotta cite your work always. would you steal someones work in school? would you use someone elses info on a research paper without crediting them? i think not...unless if youre looking to get in trouble

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

sorry cody but reluctantly "agreeing" to cite a logo thats not yours isnt cool. you gotta cite your work always. would you steal someones work in school? would you use someone elses info on a research paper without crediting them? i think not...unless if youre looking to get in trouble

Not to mention that he even stole the league logo

Wow good job stealing my crappy DEFUNCT HOCKEY LEAGUE logo from the blog. Seriously, you didn't think you should have noted this anywhere at any time?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Not to mention that he even stole the league logo

Wow good job stealing my crappy DEFUNCT HOCKEY LEAGUE logo from the blog. Seriously, you didn't think you should have noted this anywhere at any time?

you guys are taking this way too seriously. i mean i an going to use anew logo in place of that one and edit all the teams. like i said on my 1st post most of the teams are either defunct or have had a past as another team. so it is technically okay if i use old logos. i'm turining this into a new league and all concepts will be edited. the 12 new teams (all defunct except 4) will be up ASAP. btw, shouldn't you guys be commenting on the jerseys, not the logos?

you guys are taking this way too seriously. i mean i an going to use anew logo in place of that one and edit all the teams. like i said on my 1st post most of the teams are either defunct or have had a past as another team. so it is technically okay if i use old logos. i'm turining this into a new league and all concepts will be edited. the 12 new teams (all defunct except 4) will be up ASAP. btw, shouldn't you guys be commenting on the jerseys, not the logos?

I usually don't post on threads like these, but:

you guys are taking this way too seriously

No, they're not taking it too "seriously". Every one of your logos has been blatant theft off of another person's design. For only one of them you actually credited the original author without being cornered and forced to admit that you infringed copyright. THAT IS ILLEGAL. You need to understand that. You can't go about stealing other people's designs and claiming them as your own. For the Skulls one, you even tried to tell us that it was "just a coincidence". You said the Tropics logo was yours even after you posted the oncept. Coincidence my @ss. You took another design and claimed that you designed it yourself "100%". That is legally and morally wrong. Even the DHL logo was ripped off. Not a single logo in this entire thread by you has been even remotely original.

so it is technically okay if i use old logos.

...but you're not. You're not taking a Hartford Whalers logo and making a new jersey out of it. You're taking a logo that someone else designed for their own personal concept/use. That is completely different.

btw, shouldn't you guys be commenting on the jerseys, not the logos?

When a bank is broken into and robbed, would they try to fix the windows first or find out who did it?

Even your jerseys are uninspired. About half of then use the same fill-tool striping pattern. Your "Alberta Oilers" jerseys consist of the Oilers logo with inverted colours slapped on to their current jerseys. The alts are just the old alt logo put onto a recoloured version of their Edge unis.

Listen, I'm not trying to bring you down. But you need to understand this, so I have to be hard on you. From now on, take your time on concepts, work hard, and the results will show. You'll post good concepts and will be welcomed with positive C&C. Or you could be the next Jahgee. Your choice.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

two logos are originally created by me the skulls one and the tropics one. i am doing edited versions for all the jerseys soon.plus i will cut diown to a original 12 instead. hows that?

So... you see nothing wrong with this? You're presenting these to people who love branding and logos. It may pass as "original" with your friends and unsuspecting principal-- but not with us. Some people use logos with no credit given [wrong in and of itself], but you are claiming that these logos are in fact your own creation. It may not make sense to you, as someone with virtually no personal ethics on copyright infringement, but to artists like myself and the rest of the people giving you :censored:, this is one of the highest crimes in design. It happens all the time. And while not immediately affecting anyone's work with your concepts [and I use the term loosely], you are degrading other peoples' work, and falsifying ownership.

To put it in layman's terms, since we're "making way too big a deal of it", would you call a car that you hopped in to and drove around the block 'yours' when asked by police? Well, you used it, right? So apparently that makes it yours? No. It's illegal. Don't do it.

Hopefully this makes sense.

/rant

two logos are originally created by me the skulls one and the tropics one. i am doing edited versions for all the jerseys soon.plus i will cut diown to a original 12 instead. hows that?

To put it in layman's terms, since we're "making way too big a deal of it", would you call a car that you hopped in to and drove around the block 'yours' when asked by police? Well, you used it, right? So apparently that makes it yours? No. It's illegal. Don't do it.

"But I added a coffee cup to the cupholder, so it's different!" :rolleyes:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Can't Cody21 get banned somehow? He's been on these boards for what seems like only a week. He's already had 2 of his threads placed in the Graveyard for stealing logos. Even after that he is still doing it. Can't an admin freeze his account or something?

wtf is Jaghee?

that and the fact i'll be using my own work and recolours from now on. throw this post into the graveyard for me please. also Jaghee is a funny guy. but his ideas are totally lacking and it looks like it took him 1 minute to ake those jerseys. i use ms paint as i dont ahve inkscape or paint.net. i cant download anythignas my computer crashes too easily.

that and the fact i'll be using my own work and recolours from now on. throw this post into the graveyard for me please. also Jaghee is a funny guy. but his ideas are totally lacking and it looks like it took him 1 minute to ake those jerseys. i use ms paint as i dont ahve inkscape or paint.net. i cant download anythignas my computer crashes too easily.

:shocked:

Archived