Cleveland Indians 2012 Changes

ESTONES6

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall, a nicer, cleaner look compared to last year's set.

But am I the only one who thinks the Jndians could benefit from a color change on their next update? Perhaps the red and brown combo I've seen used in some Indians concepts of the past?

(And if nothing else, to get them out of the navy/red camp...WAY too much of that in MLB right now.)

They should always be red, white, and blue. They've been that way for 100 years so why should they change. Red and Brown is just plain ugly and there is no reason they should ever wear that. Brown is not one of their colors and never has been. Unless they are adding a tan or cream color as an accent, or a neutral color like silver or black, the main colors shouldn't change.

I agree. Really, I see them as a predominantly navy team with red, like navy lettering and numbers trimmed in red. It's been in their history. I see the Twins as more of the red trimmed in navy, though with navy as slightly more used than red. I know they're divisional opponents, but the colora work for both. You cant really change one just to look different from the other. But if you were to, the Indians DO have a much longer history.

I agree. Really, I see them as a predominantly navy team with red, like navy lettering and numbers trimmed in red. It's been in their history. I see the Twins as more of the red trimmed in navy, though with navy as slightly more used than red. I know they're divisional opponents, but the colora work for both. You cant really change one just to look different from the other. But if you were to, the Indians DO have a much longer history.

Great Points! I'm sure would agree, since the Cardinals are also a red, white, and blue team. Would you agree if someone suggested they change their colors to red and brown? most likely that wouldn't go over well in StLouis, just like it wouldn't go over well in Cleveland. Teams have history and I don't see how someone can justify changing a teams colors just because they are similar to another team.

Out of the navy and red teams, the Indians may be going through more of an "identity crisis" than the others. The Cards and Red Sox are set and the Twins have a pretty well established look. The Nationals are still a relatively new team is, too, trying to find a look. The Indians just need to figure there's out and this update has gotten them closer. I really don't think a color change is in anyway necessary or warranted.

I don't understand how anyone thinks this is an upgrade. I think they absolutely ruined their home uni. But I'm not surprised, the Indians have been slowly destroying their set for the last few years. The red cap last year took the cake for me though. It appears that the red hat was a 1 and done though as it doesn't look like they'll be wearing it next season. Correct?

I don't understand how anyone thinks this is an upgrade. I think they absolutely ruined their home uni. But I'm not surprised, the Indians have been slowly destroying their set for the last few years. The red cap last year took the cake for me though. It appears that the red hat was a 1 and done though as it doesn't look like they'll be wearing it next season. Correct?

Wrong and wrong. 1, it's a great update B) and 2, unfortunately the red cap is still there.

Out of the navy and red teams, the Indians may be going through more of an "identity crisis" than the others. The Cards and Red Sox are set and the Twins have a pretty well established look. The Nationals are still a relatively new team is, too, trying to find a look. The Indians just need to figure there's out and this update has gotten them closer. I really don't think a color change is in anyway necessary or warranted.

I think this update got them farther. The 1994-2001 Indians had, in my opinion, one of the best sets of all time. Everything since 2001 has been a downgrade.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Now if they can get rid of the red caps ... I never understood the concept of placing colors like navy on red. Hurts me eyes :blues:

The cream uniform has red script, numbers and hat. Grey uniform has navy script, numbers, names, and hat. Keeps the colors between the two uniforms consistent.

josh-tomlin-apjpg-6d4719cbc7792f9f.jpg

350x.jpg

The navy hat never looked right with the cream uniform unless they decided change the script and numbers to match. Only thing is they need to add piping on the collar and sleeves to match the other three jerseys. Also some players started wearing red undershirts last season and it looked much better, hopefully they continue that into next season.

Now if they can get rid of the red caps ... I never understood the concept of placing colors like navy on red. Hurts me eyes :blues:

Agreed. The navy "C" cap is so beautiful, especially in person, that I'm actually jealous of Cleveland fans every time I see it.

The red one, OTOH, is a terrible mess. An eyesore, no matter what it's paired with.

The cream uniform has red script, numbers and hat. Grey uniform has navy script, numbers, names, and hat. Keeps the colors between the two uniforms consistent.

josh-tomlin-apjpg-6d4719cbc7792f9f.jpg

350x.jpg

The navy hat never looked right with the cream uniform unless they decided change the script and numbers to match. Only thing is they need to add piping on the collar and sleeves to match the other three jerseys. Also some players started wearing red undershirts last season and it looked much better, hopefully they continue that into next season.

That "red wordmarks only go with red caps, and vice versa with navy" argument really does not carry any weight. The Cardinals, Twins (somewhat), Red Sox and Angels have all had navy caps with red wordmarks that have worked just fine. Not only with the cream uniforms themselves, but as part of the set as a whole, they just stick out as a major eyesore.

As for the uniforms and what days they where them, Monday-Friday is up to the pitchers discretion. If the pitcher so chooses, the home alt can be worn on Friday. Saturday and Sunday is reserved for the cream alt, regardless of pitcher preference.

The worst part about the alt cream uniform is that that the socks, belt, undershirt, and hat do not match. Navy socks, belt, and shirt with a red hat doesn't work. The hat should match the socks, belt, and undershirt. I think the red C hat is not completely lost. I think if they changed the navy C to a cream color, it would look infinitely better.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

As for the uniforms and what days they where them, Monday-Friday is up to the pitchers discretion. If the pitcher so chooses, the home alt can be worn on Friday. Saturday and Sunday is reserved for the cream alt, regardless of pitcher preference.

The worst part about the alt cream uniform is that that the socks, belt, undershirt, and hat do not match. Navy socks, belt, and shirt with a red hat doesn't work. The hat should match the socks, belt, and undershirt. I think the red C hat is not completely lost. I think if they changed the navy C to a cream color, it would look infinitely better.

A red hat with a cream C would look even more out of place with all that navy. Just go back to the navy cap with the cream throwbacks, and probably add the piping for consistency, and then it'd be fine.

A red hat with a cream C would look even more out of place with all that navy. Just go back to the navy cap with the cream throwbacks, and probably add the piping for consistency, and then it'd be fine.

They have "custom" hats with the cream/white C on the red hat and it looks sharp. It would have a lot more fluidity to the uniform, have a cream shirt with red letters and a red had with cream letter. The cream/white C also has a greater impact on the red hat, as opposed to the navy C that gets pretty lost.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

It looks like they got rid of the pipping down the front of the uniform and made the away uniform pipping consistent throughout the home and alt. They also got ride of the offset stroke outline. The white and red also look a little more dull.

10292119-large.jpg

10292121-large.jpg

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2011/11/indians_unveil_two_new_uniform.html

I was hoping that the alternate with the block letter would be the new home uni but I like the new Home uniform.

I wonder how the Braves look without the piping LOL.

I also think all the changes the Indians have done the past few years have been downgrades, however i really like their newish road uniform they started wearing last year and I think that that set would be perfect with the wahoo cap instead of the block "c" but thats just my opinion

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Archived