Cleveland Indians 2012 Changes

ESTONES6

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And fail. They had an opportunity to fix the inconsistencies and they didn't do it. Pick one script, block or cursive. Pick one script color, red or navy. Pick one color hat, the red hat is terrible.

I would save chief wahoo by de-emphasizing him. Relegate him to a sleeve patch only. The Primary and Cap logo should both be the cursive I.

My 2 cents.

Everyone loves a roundel.

And fail. They had an opportunity to fix the inconsistencies and they didn't do it. Pick one script, block or cursive. Pick one script color, red or navy. Pick one color hat, the red hat is terrible.

I would save chief wahoo by de-emphasizing him. Relegate him to a sleeve patch only. The Primary and Cap logo should both be the cursive I.

My 2 cents.

Cursive I caps were one of the worst caps ever.

Script home wordmarks somehow always look fine with block road wordmarks. Makes them stand out more.

While I would normally agree with you, I don't in this case. The Indians on the road wear a different cap logo, a different shade of blue, and a different style of wordmark. Between home and road, they don't look like the same team. In your concept, that problem is fixed because you used the block C at home and on the road but all of the differences leaves the Indians set with many holes in it.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I think it's an upgrade to those uniforms in particular, but I also think that they should have added "CLEVELAND" to a road version of the navy alternate, or standardize the set again.

The Indians wore their navy alternates for 13 home games and 28 road games last season. Are we sure they won't wear them at home again?

To elaborate, the Indians' standard MO the past few years has been to wear the regular home whites on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. The creams are worn for Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. The blues have been worn at home on Tuesdays.

I don't think there was any rhyme or reason to when they went with the blues on the road.

That matches last season. The blues on the road were worn pretty randomly, on every day of the week and at any time.

CCLSCsig-1.jpg

Uniform tracker - 2011 version coming soon...

So I'm guessing the cream home uniform is still technically a fauxback in the organization's eyes.

Otherwise, I don't know why else they wouldn't add piping...

All in all I'm happy with the changes, they're making steps but it's still a few changes away from being a refined identity.

What I would still like to see:

-Drop the Wahoo cap, and the red cap. Just go with two Navy "C" caps (one with red bill). (Keep Wahoo on sleeves, it still looks nice there).

-Return to the serifed block wordmarks (The "C" cap is the only serifed letter in the set...)

For now I'm happy with the script remaining on the home and alternate.

Eventually I think the cream should become white and be made the home (with the addition of piping), and the current home can be dropped while the navy uniform is the sole alternate.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I love the upgrade, added some unity though all four now. I'm glad they kept the grey and cream uniforms untouched. I just hope they can use a red helmet next season to match the cream, but it's really s minor detail. Would also like to see a red version of the blue alt somewhere down the road. Maybe red with blue lettering outlined in white could look cool.

I think that's an artwork correction. Their cream fauxback's lettering has always looked like the bottom image.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm not sure if this was actual change or if was a correction in the artwork, but there WAS a change in the alt. home script between 2011 and 2012:

2011:

ClevelandIndians_UNS3a_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

2012:

ClevelandIndians_UNS3a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

I think the actual script on the jersey matches the bottom image. The only place I've really seen the top script is on merchandise. So technically it is being used, but not on the uniforms.

Overall, a nicer, cleaner look compared to last year's set.

But am I the only one who thinks the Jndians could benefit from a color change on their next update? Perhaps the red and brown combo I've seen used in some Indians concepts of the past?

(And if nothing else, to get them out of the navy/red camp...WAY too much of that in MLB right now.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Indians are a team that should never use block letters. It just doesn't seem to fit. And that block C on the cap is awful.

If they want a C, they should go back to the one used in the early 1970s when Frank Robinson was manager, or go with the wishbone C that was used in the '50s and '60s.

Archived