Cleveland Indians 2012 Changes

ESTONES6

Paul Lukas points out that they also tweaked the home script, aside from removing the outline.

6421607831_e445083f76_o.png

It now matches the script over the scoreboard.

4743806197_459fdf7ba6.jpg

Check out the "n"s and the "s".

Major, major upgrade.

Certainly an improvement.

spacer.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to see a close-up of the new script against the 94-01 version to tell if it was an improvement. Obviously it's much better without the second outline, but I don't know that the physical changes to the script made it better.

2001 version:

ClevelandIndians_UNS1a_2001_SCC_SRGB.png

2012 version:

ClevelandIndians_UNS1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

Pretty much the same. (Size notwithstanding.)

th_IMAG0321.jpg

(ack... I can't figure out how to enlarge it...)

I have an old pull over and sweatshirt, circa 1995, which has the same script as the scoreboard, but different than the jerseys. I never noticed the difference before until this thread. I guess I'm not observant as I thought...

Paul Lukas points out that they also tweaked the home script, aside from removing the outline.

6421607831_e445083f76_o.png

It now matches the script over the scoreboard.

4743806197_459fdf7ba6.jpg

Check out the "n"s and the "s".

Major, major upgrade.

As for the uniforms and what days they where them, Monday-Friday is up to the pitchers discretion. If the pitcher so chooses, the home alt can be worn on Friday. Saturday and Sunday is reserved for the cream alt, regardless of pitcher preference.

The worst part about the alt cream uniform is that that the socks, belt, undershirt, and hat do not match. Navy socks, belt, and shirt with a red hat doesn't work. The hat should match the socks, belt, and undershirt. I think the red C hat is not completely lost. I think if they changed the navy C to a cream color, it would look infinitely better.

A red hat with a cream C would look even more out of place with all that navy. Just go back to the navy cap with the cream throwbacks, and probably add the piping for consistency, and then it'd be fine.

They have "custom" hats with the cream/white C on the red hat and it looks sharp. It would have a lot more fluidity to the uniform, have a cream shirt with red letters and a red had with cream letter. The cream/white C also has a greater impact on the red hat, as opposed to the navy C that gets pretty lost.

Instead of trying to make something work that doesn't, the better solution is to simply ditch the red cap. Unfortunately, it sells like hotcakes, so we're not going to see that happen, at least not right now.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

th_IMAG0321.jpg

(ack... I can't figure out how to enlarge it...)

I have an old pull over and sweatshirt, circa 1995, which has the same script as the scoreboard, but different than the jerseys. I never noticed the difference before until this thread. I guess I'm not observant as I thought...

IMAG0321.jpg

Just right-click on the picture on it's photobucket page, then select "open image". I enlarged it for you.

spacer.png

As for the uniforms and what days they where them, Monday-Friday is up to the pitchers discretion. If the pitcher so chooses, the home alt can be worn on Friday. Saturday and Sunday is reserved for the cream alt, regardless of pitcher preference.

The worst part about the alt cream uniform is that that the socks, belt, undershirt, and hat do not match. Navy socks, belt, and shirt with a red hat doesn't work. The hat should match the socks, belt, and undershirt. I think the red C hat is not completely lost. I think if they changed the navy C to a cream color, it would look infinitely better.

A red hat with a cream C would look even more out of place with all that navy. Just go back to the navy cap with the cream throwbacks, and probably add the piping for consistency, and then it'd be fine.

They have "custom" hats with the cream/white C on the red hat and it looks sharp. It would have a lot more fluidity to the uniform, have a cream shirt with red letters and a red had with cream letter. The cream/white C also has a greater impact on the red hat, as opposed to the navy C that gets pretty lost.

Instead of trying to make something work that doesn't, the better solution is to simply ditch the red cap. Unfortunately, it sells like hotcakes, so we're not going to see that happen, at least not right now.

Red hat with a cream C doesn't look bad at all. It actually looks good with the right uniform combo. Either way, I'm guilty of buying the hotcakes... I liked the navy one better, but I couldn't justify buying ANOTHER navy hat. Especially since I couldn't find the original Cleveland Blues hat (royal/navy blue with a white block C).

Ya know... the more I look at this red hate with the navy C, it really wouldn't be that bad of a hat, but the red is so damn bright that it hurts the eyes. If they had a more muted red, or a darker red, it would look a lot better. Not a dark red, but just less crazy bright.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Red hat with a cream C doesn't look bad at all. It actually looks good with the right uniform combo. Either way, I'm guilty of buying the hotcakes... I liked the navy one better, but I couldn't justify buying ANOTHER navy hat. Especially since I couldn't find the original Cleveland Blues hat (royal/navy blue with a white block C).

Ya know... the more I look at this red hate with the navy C, it really wouldn't be that bad of a hat, but the red is so damn bright that it hurts the eyes. If they had a more muted red, or a darker red, it would look a lot better. Not a dark red, but just less crazy bright.

I think that's the problem. A red hat with a cream C looks great, but not when your colors are blue and red. It would work with the right uniform combo. You're right about that, but the Indians don't wear the uniform combo that makes that hat look good, so it's moot.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This one's for ColorWerx, and sorry if it's been asked/answered before:

Did the Indians modify ever-so-slightly their colors? I see the red a little more on the purplish side than before... or is that just the effect of the red script now being outlined by navy?

Also, both red and navy look less brilliant, more "matte" than last year. Was there a change in fabrics for the script on the jerseys? Or do I re-schedule my visit to the optometrist to THIS week?

Thanx in advance!

I never even realized there were changes made to the actual script when the second outline was added. I'm glad they've gone back to the original, I like the way the 's' and tail loook, much better.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

This one's for ColorWerx, and sorry if it's been asked/answered before:

Did the Indians modify ever-so-slightly their colors? I see the red a little more on the purplish side than before... or is that just the effect of the red script now being outlined by navy?

Also, both red and navy look less brilliant, more "matte" than last year. Was there a change in fabrics for the script on the jerseys? Or do I re-schedule my visit to the optometrist to THIS week?

Thanx in advance!

The Navy and Red are the same as they've been for a number of seasons.

The Block C should be adopted across all hats, it's unique in baseball and looks better overall than Chief Wahoo.

The Dodgers use a form of block lettering on hats. In no way is it unique. Seems more the other way, boring and plain compared to other forms of lettering

Sure it's unique. No other team in the majors uses a single block letter.

You can say you don't like it, but you can't say it isn't unique.

Your splitting strands here with one or two. Like saying if two teams used exact same font and one put one letter and one put two on a hat both are unique.

So what does that say about their road uni, Yankees have block letters, thats not unique so why use that then.

And yes I dont like it one bit.

Sure it's unique. No other team in the majors uses a single block letter.

You can say you don't like it, but you can't say it isn't unique.

Your splitting strands here with one or two. Like saying if two teams used exact same font and one put one letter and one put two on a hat both are unique.

So what does that say about their road uni, Yankees have block letters, thats not unique so why use that then.

And yes I dont like it one bit.

Sometimes it's gonna be unique. Sometimes not. You go with what looks the best for that team.

Disapointed that the logo is staying around for at least one more season, but I definitely like the changes.

1. It'd be nice if the white jersey had neck trim like the blue one does.

There is.

2. The loss of the piping and extra outlines makes the jersey look more like a MLB jersey and less like a walmart fashion jersey, which is a good thing. I'd still like the script to be thinner and for the tail to be more natural, but I'll take this over what they had before.

I actually would have preferred if they matched the road piping to the usual home piping. The outlines looked bad but I don't care for the neck piping at all.

3. It's ridiculous to have two totally mismatched complete sets. It's clear that they're phasing out Wahoo and going to a more basic style (i.e. the current primary road uniform) so I'm not sure what the point of this is, unless they're just going to keep making subtle changes until it gets so plain that nobody notices once it's gone.

I think they can make it work, at least having different fonts on the home and away. They have more inconsistencies that do need fixed, but they need them to meet in the middle instead of having two sets of two very different uniforms.

4. A "C-Feather" cap logo (inspired by Spokane) would IMO be a great compromise between Wahoo and the block C (although it seems that fans really like the block C (at least the navy cap version), so maybe compromise isn't necessary.)

I have found every version of a C-feather logo to look incredibly tacky. The block-C itself is fine and there are better ways to represent Indians than just throwing a couple feathers on. I personally am not sure they are phasing out Wahoo as much as just taking him out of the spotlight. Either way, if they make a switch I hope it isn't to a C-feather.

Sorry, seems I disagreed with everything you posted haha.

I like the old "s" better...this one seems to loose the nexus with the tail. The tail now seems to be just stuck at the end, rather than a continuation of the writing. I also like the old "d" better. I think it's an upgrade because of the outlining, but I wish they'd left the script alone after making the outline change.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived