better to get the current jersey or retro?

kg54mvp1

I am a huge timberwolves fan, and deciding what kind of jersey to get now is tough. What is everybodys opinion on either the retro5-0.jpg

or the current, 201106101653001372735803.jpg

I know I cant go wrong with the retro, and the fact that its garnett and he will be a hall of famer.

But when buying jerseys to wear, do you usually buy the retro or the current??

I'd go retro here for a few reasons.

1) The retro uniform looks much better.

2) Garnett will be remembered as a more impactful player than Love will (most likely). That Garnett jersey will be (if it isn't already) a true classic.

I'd go with the retro, but the only problem you could run into is the fact that KG is still in the league, playing for a different team.

True, but Garnett will be out of the league in the near future.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I'd go retro here for a few reasons.

1) The retro uniform looks much better.

2) Garnett will be remembered as a more impactful player than Love will (most likely). That Garnett jersey will be (if it isn't already) a true classic.

I'd go with the retro, but the only problem you could run into is the fact that KG is still in the league, playing for a different team.

I have no opinion, but my guess is that Garnett is the only star from now through eternity that will spend that long with the T-Wolves. Most want out due to weather or the crappy team. It's a league for certain markets and Garnett's loyalty to Minnesota is rare. In other words, Love will probably be primarily remembered as a member of his next team. 15 years from now, you'll like the KG jersey better, though for right now, the Love jersey serves better.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yeah, so it could be a good preemptive move. I imagine after Garnett retires (definitely before 2015), T-Wolves KG jerseys will rise in price exponentially.

spacer.png

I always buy current but I can see one good reason to go retro. It'll never go out of style since it already did. I always get anxiety around the time of new jersey releases since I buy current and eventually it's going to go out of style necessitating a new purchase.

thanks for the help everyone. Well I still do enjoy watching KG and the celtics in the playoffs, and he was a great player that brought wins to 'sota for a while. I guess the retro will be a better choice because it will never go out of style, and as much as I like the current ones, I am always afraid the players jersey I get will be traded (rubio, love, beasley) because they are still rebuilding.

I think that the question of whether or not you should get a retro jersey or current jersey varies based on the situation. There is no clear answer. In my experiences, my choice has been easy because my four favorite teams are the big 4 Boston teams. The Celtics, Red Sox, and Bruins have looked very similar throughout their existance and as for the Pats, the only time I considered buying a jersey was a Tom Brady red throwback.

I think in this situation, I would definetly go with the throwback, for a couple reasons:

-It looks better

-The current Timberwolves design is nothing special IMO

-KG might be the greatest player in Timberwolves history

By the way, I don't think the fact that Garnett currently plays for the Celtics should stop you from wearing his jersey from the Timberwolves.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived