Columbus Crew

Discrim

Recently, the Columbus Crew rolled out a white change shirt with a black and gold striped yoke, which reminded me somewhat of their original uniforms. And I'll be blunt, I loved their original set. You see a number of striped shirts with solid sleeves, but rarely do you see it the other way around, and it was striking in my opinion. As it was said in the thread about the US nationals' new hooped shirts, not everybody can have a look to own, but the Crew had one and threw it away. Eh well...in the quasi-famous words of Reh Dogg...Why you have to look at me and call me ugly? I am not a troll.

crewset.png

Though I've always liked the crest, COLUMBUS should be on top, not THE. Had to make that little tweak. IRL, I'm sick of the all-piss kit, so black shorts were a must. The change shirt's idea was simply something I decided on for kicks. Along the way I figured for the hell of it, I'd throw in a graphite third shirt. And then I don't know what sponsor they're going with for next season and my give a damn was too busted to find out, giving you your sponsor for this concept, me. And like Brian Wilson's beard, I'm done. Fact.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Oh sweet mama! Yes, I'm a fanboy of your work, but this is most excellent. The only thing I don't like is the gradient like stripes on the 3rd at the top. The first has a very Chicago Sting appeal to it that I really like. Excellent set.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

heh, I see you guys saw what I was doing on the third. Mainly, I was aiming to separate the black & gold yoke/stripe from the graphite, and do it in a somewhat uncommon way. And as you can see here, I essentially used a finer, grayer take on the ol' Tequila Sunrise to create a false gradient.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On the contrary, you could just get away from Copperplate entirely, since it looks awful on their crest and doubly-so as number (looking at you, Blue Jackets).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

never been a fan of that logo, but nice jerseys...ever think about taking a stab at a new crew logo without the village people guys?

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived