Don Kay and the NBA

Don_Kay

Still not really feeling any of the font choices. Or maybe its the font treatment. The "Oklahoma City" being off-center because of the perspective of the basketball makes it feel just a bit off balance.

Also, I think the lightning without the bevel effect looked a lot cleaner.

• 4 weeks later...

So I have gone a shed load of iterations of this OKC logo. In other NBA thread's I saw a lot people were feeling Black and Yellow for the Thunder so I ran with that. I still feel the idea of the basketball/cloud is there and I think it emphasises the lightening more than previous versions. There is one with and one without the bevel.

oklahomalogobevel52.png

oklahomalogobevel53.png

The only problem I'm seeing is the crossed lines from the basketball inside the "D", its drawing too much focus and is taking away from the amazingness of the logo. Its probably the only flaw. I also like the half basketball idea. it would work well with a full basketball secondary with no wordmark, IMO.

agree with frontsfan93. the 'd" looks crowded. other than that, i like it alot.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

OK, the first update of the Oklahoma logo is below, I tried to tie the basketball and the clouds into a more cohesive element.

text4139.png

I don't think the world of this look.... but it's STILL A MILLION TIMES BETTER than that horse :censored: logo they currently have.

P.S., I'm not saying this looks bad at all. I like it.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Quick suggestions:

-On the recently update Thunder logo, instead of making them meet up inside the letter "D", delete it out of there. Awesome logo, IMO.

-I like the Miami uniforms, but I miss the yellow hints in the uniforms like they have now; you should show us the unis w/ the current scheme. I think the all black/white uni should be an alternate and the road should have the current color scheme, but nontheless, great job on them.

• 3 weeks later...

the Boston alternate is kinda weird here. the "boston" is too high. you should try and black or gold alt and incorparate one of the two colours into the jerseys.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• 6 months later...

I just realised how long ago I started this thread

A lot of great NBA series' have been popping up lately which has led me to attempting a restart of this with a complete 180 for the Thunder logos.

LogoPresent.png

With Home and Away uniforms

Present.png

It is well rendered, and there is a lot to like, but I can't help to think that this could very easily be a future Miami Heat logo with a recolor and minor tweak. Not so much for the Thunder.

I really like the colors and the wordmark. For some reason the "Y" sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

As far as the jerseys, I'm not feeling the stripes. Are they supposed to represent rain?

It is well rendered, and there is a lot to like, but I can't help to think that this could very easily be a future Miami Heat logo with a recolor and minor tweak. Not so much for the Thunder.

I really like the colors and the wordmark. For some reason the "Y" sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

As far as the jerseys, I'm not feeling the stripes. Are they supposed to represent rain?

agreed.

much too "Heat" for me. you've nailed it with the colors, though. take those forward into a re-imagining of the concept.

Archived