College Hockey Concepts

MDGP

So, awhile back I attempted a Hockey East redesign, but never finished, partially due to a lack of ideas. Right away, I decided to restart the project, and come up with new brand new ideas and updates. I currently have nine of ten teams completed, as well as concepts for the Beanpot Tournament and the Frozen Fenway games. Without further ado, I present my first team, the Boston College Eagles. BC has excellent uniforms, and I didn't want to stray too far a way from their current duds. The biggest innovation are the gold shorts on the road uniforms.

BostonCollegeEagles_zpsf217bd25.png

C+C please!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minor nitpick: the Reebok logo on the back should be the wordmark instead of the vector.

Otherwise, I like the whole thing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wow, I overlooked both the reebok and NHL logos. I'll have that corrected for the rest of my concepts.

BUMP

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Well, I'm a little disappointed by the lack of C+C, so I'll move on. Next up are the Providence Friars. The Friars current look is "cookie-cutter" (shoulder yokes, triple arm and torso stripes) and uses this logo, which I absolutely despise. In order to correct the look, I went in the opposite direction. First, I came up with a unique sleeve stripe deign. There really wasn't an inspiration for these, I had another design that failed, so I kept tweaking until I eventually came up with this look, which I like a lot. I also changed the crest logo to the side-profile friar, which I feel is more consistent with the style of the uniforms than the current logo. Truthfully, I was going to wait until later to reveal this one, but I really wanted to see you guys tear this apart.

ScreenShot2012-01-16at90330PM.png

Bring on the C+C!

Not a HUGE fan of the Edge piping, but it works pretty well in this case. I actually like the striping on the arms, though. The shoulder patch seems a little out of place as well. All in all, though, this is a pretty good look. I feel like you can take a few more liberties with college teams in general, it'd be cool to see someone kinda push the envelope like this. It wouldn't work in the NHL, but this is so fitting for a college team. Nice work.

Also, 1995 called: they want that skating friar logo to come back and join the BK logo, Wild Wing, and the Blues' trumpets haha.

How is it "Satanic?"

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Alright, thanks to everyone who commented. From what I'm hearing, there aren't really any glaring problems that everyone agrees on. So for now, I'm gonna leave BC and Providence as they are and move on to my next team the Northeastern Huskies.

I hate Northeastern's uniforms, which are just a copy of the Chicago Blackhawks uniforms (which I also dislike). Also, the Huskies have one of the worst logos I've ever seen. It's absolutely mind-blowing to me that people actually think this is a good logo and are willing to use it. Anyway... For this concept, I wanted to give Northeastern a new look based around their split-color N logo. In order to achieve this, nearly everything on the uniforms have the same split-color look, most notably with the numbers (I tried shoulder stripes, but they didn't look right).The shoulder logos are the huskies current split-paw logo, which I like a lot.

ScreenShot2012-01-16at90451PM.png

How is it "Satanic?"

Maybe Satanic was the wrong word. The friar looks kind of evil.

Well, take it up with Providence, because that is their logo: http://sportslogos.net/team.php?id=808

Boston College and Providence are great!

Northeastern: It's a little to plain for me on the sleves.

Other than that this is a great series, great job.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

All right, gonna bump this back to the first page with another team. Now up are the Vermont Catamounts. I used to love Vermont's uniforms (They were similar to my BC uniforms but in green and yellow). However, recently they changed both their uniforms. The home whites don't look bad, but the road uniforms... Well, they got caught up in that fauxback fad that's been plauging the NHL, and it does not look good.

For my concept, I wanted to remove the awful vintage white and roundel. Finally, I went with a stiping that creates a V on the sleeves, torso, shorts, and socks. I also made the striping and numbering match the same style seen on the V in the crest (yellow-white-yellow on the road uni, green-yellow-green on the home uni).

VermontCatamounts_zps10aead31.png

I like it. It's like you took the idea behind the Canucks' V redesign and made it good instead of terrible.

Archived