NFL Championship Sunday

Cujo

What's the point of the 49ers angled sleeve stripe gimmick? I'm not sure I see how that's a better solution than the truncated stripes like the Giants have.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alex-smith-49ers.jpg

Sorry, I still think this is the best look the 49ers have ever had.

>>>>>>

Those helmets and pants were perfect ... true shades of burnished-gold to match their identity that goes so well with their 49ers nickname

Pair those with the cherry-red jerseys of the Brodie and Montana era's and now ya gotta winner, IMO. I very much like the 'SF' logo on their sleeves with the stripes.

The away jerseys ... no no no ... needed cherry numbers, no outline. The face-mask I like the gray.

Bottom line, butterscotch in matte is too dull

Their all-white throwback in 1994 is my favorite white on white, and people who know me on here know I'm not a big fan of white on white ...

I'm Buffalo, where's our royal blue away pants ??

What's the point of the 49ers angled sleeve stripe gimmick? I'm not sure I see how that's a better solution than the truncated stripes like the Giants have.

Some nonsense about steering into the current or something. There is no reason they can't fit three thin stripes on their jerseys when the Giants can fit Northwestern stripes. They are a complete failure. I mean, if those stripes were used as a justification for keeping the numbers on the sleeves (and there is still room to do so), it would at least seem like reasonable thought went into it. Instead, we are treated to a red sleeves just for the hell of it. The other thing is, to accomodate the silly stripes, the cuffs slant up on a 45 degree angle, making the arm opening wider and showing some more armpit.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Some nonsense about steering into the current or something. There is no reason they can't fit three thin stripes on their jerseys when the Giants can fit Northwestern stripes. They are a complete failure. I mean, if those stripes were used as a justification for keeping the numbers on the sleeves (and there is still room to do so), it would at least seem like reasonable thought went into it. Instead, we are treated to a red sleeves just for the hell of it. The other thing is, to accomodate the silly stripes, the cuffs slant up on a 45 degree angle, making the arm opening wider and showing some more armpit.

It's a really stupid choice.

This was the throwback they wore in the last couple seasons of the late 90's uniforms:

sp_49ersmjm552.jpg

Look at that. They fit the number and three stripes on the sleeves and it looks much better. If the Bears can fit a number and their stripes on the sleeve, everyone can.

I also prefer that massive pants stripe they wore in the 80's and with the accurate throwbacks. I'm not a fan of the striped socks, however.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The jersy in that photo looks so much better than what they wear (and not just because of the superior old logo). I begrudgingly accept them moving the numbers to the shoulders, but doing that while decreasing the sleeve stripes is terrible. To me, the current uniforms look like they are wearing practice uniforms. I hope Nike fixes the stripes next year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the NFL has a minimum size requirement for TV numbers? Perhaps the answer for shrinking jerseys is to shrink the TV numbers as well. Are even that necessary when you think about them?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the NFL has a minimum size requirement for TV numbers? Perhaps the answer for shrinking jerseys is to shrink the TV numbers as well. Are even that necessary when you think about them?

Check out Cujo's pictures at the bottom of the previous page. If there are no TV numbers, who would you say is making the tackle on the Giants fullback? I'd say they are very necessary.

3" is minimum height, I believe.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Check out Cujo's pictures at the bottom of the previous page. If there are no TV numbers, who would you say is making the tackle on the Giants fullback? I'd say they are very necessary.

3" is minimum height, I believe.

#45, it says so on the front of his helmet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived