NFL Championship Sunday

Cujo

This is what we'll most likely see next Sunday:

Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots

bal_ne.jpg

However, I can easily see the Ravens going with black pants.

New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers

nyg_sf.jpg

Beautiful! But unlike their previous match-up, this game will be (mostly) under the lights.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the Ravens' bus gets a flat tire on the way to the game...

Oh wait, I'm not in the Pats forum anymore.

The AFC game is not much of a looker in my eyes. The NFC game will look nice, but I preferred the Niners last uni as compared to these.

See, I did too. Most modern uniforms don't make sense, but looking through the history of the 49ers uniforms and their use of drop shadow, their uniform (unlike the Cards and Vikes, for example) was an appropriate modernization. But noooooo, Niners fans had to get their cherry and butterscotch back. :rolleyes:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Seems everyone liked the Niners in their Stanford red uniforms, except the Niners fans and if their play was any indication the team. Guess that's why they changed back since fans and players (ie: the people who buy the stuff and wear it regularly) are the only ones that matter.

sp-49ers14_ph_ro_0504551328.jpg

Beautiful! However, unlike their previous match-up, this game will be (mostly) under the lights.

^^^ PERFECTION IN AN NFL MATCHUP

What's with all the hate towards "cherry and butterscotch" It looks a ZILLION times better than BRICK and VEGAS GOLD that's for sure.

Love the slightly modernized old-school look!

Maybe it's just me, but I think that the Giants road uniforms are some of the worst uniforms in sports. Their home uniform on the other hand is awesome. But on the road I can't stand the Giants look. I think the ranking of how good teams look this weekend goes as follows:

1. 49ers - Great

2. Patriots / Ravens - Both decent

4. Giants - Mismatched and ugly

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

This is what we'll most likely see next Sunday:

Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots

bal_ne.jpg

However, I can easily see the Ravens going with black pants.

nyg_sf.jpg

Beautiful! However, unlike their previous match-up, this game will be (mostly) under the lights.

Agree on the 9ers / Giants match-up... should look great. SF returning to their real uniform was a great move.

But I'm afraid were gonna get those God-awlful black pants from Baltimore. Plain, stripeless black pants are bad enough, but paired up with the black socks? Makes me ill to think about it.

I'm not a fan of ANY of Baltimore's sets (home or away), but their white/white has got to be the one I dislike least. They could add a stripe or two to their black pants, and I'd still probably not be a fan.

6uXNWAo.png

And I don't disagree with appealing to your fan base. But c'mon:

844cherry.jpg

83CandyButterscotch_88ea.JPG

Nothing wrong with Cherry red and butterscotch. Those are their traditional colors from their most successful era. Not the faux 1994 throwbacks in Cardinal red they wore in the early part of last decade. If they'd wanted to use a drop shadow back in 1996 when they switched they should have changed to this permanently (maybe with some butterscotch pants).

d_sanders_950115_640.jpg

It was a much better looking uniform than this...

alex-smith-49ers.jpg

Nothing wrong with Cherry red and butterscotch. Those are their traditional colors from their most successful era. Not the faux 1994 throwbacks in Cardinal red they wore in the early part of last decade. If they'd wanted to use a drop shadow back in 1998 when they switched they should have changed to this permanently (maybe with some butterscotch pants).

d_sanders_950115_640.jpg

It was a much better looking uniform than this...

alex-smith-49ers.jpg

49ers went with the updated logo and shadow numbers full time in 1996...they added the gold pants in 1998.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wow. I can't believe the hate for the current 49ers look. The only way their current look could improve is to lose the matte look on their pants and return to the sheen. They have near perfect uniforms in my book.

I love that Cowboys uniform. For one, it uses navy blue. Two, it looks cool. I wish they still wore them. I just thought they were striking and far more visually interesting than their normal white jerseys.

Man_0971-575x416.jpg

plus, they were a modern take on the original uniforms.

woodson2.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I love that Cowboys uniform. For one, it uses navy blue. Two, it looks cool. I wish they still wore them. I just thought they were striking and far more visually interesting than their normal white jerseys.

Man_0971-575x416.jpg

plus, they were a modern take on the original uniforms.

woodson2.jpg

When I see those, I immediately think of Little Giants.

This was easily a better Giants/49ers uniform matchup:

sp_49ers03.jpg

If only the Giants' pants and facemasks were white and red respectively, not that dingy gray color... then it would be perfection.

I really hate that 49ers look! Their previous set looked so much better.

spacer.png

Archived