Alabama Vulcans

capitalcanuck

Looks pretty nice. Not a big fan of the number font, a more simple block or slab number font would likely look better. Also, not a big fan of the logo one one side of the helmet and the number on the other. One or the other would both look good, but both feels forced, like "trying to be different just to be different".

Also, on the roads I think the steel color would work better on the helmet and pants than the all-white look you have going.

Fauxbacks look solid.

Also, just a side note, the first "NO" of typography is stretching out the lettering, which you did with the copperplate on the logo sheet. It's just something that immediately caught my attention.

TDZiMMB.png

the only thing i do not like is the logo. it looks like a statue. as shown many times before, a statue does not make good logo. the jerseys however, look great!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

the only thing i do not like is the logo. it looks like a statue. as shown many times before, a statue does not make good logo. the jerseys however, look great!

Not Sure if you knew this, Vulcan is a famous statue in Birmingham, so his logo kinda has to be a statue.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

I like everything about these except the statue in the logo, work on making it more logo-esque, because right now with all of the detail in it, it just looks like a photo that was reduced to two colors in photoshop or some other program, and I say that because of all the little visible fine detail that easily gets lost at a distance, especially at the angle the statue is in the logo. Work on simplifying it in whatever program you did the unis in so that it has less detail but works better with the visibility issue as well. Hope that makes sense. I really love the fauxback as well as the number font on the "current" set...you've got a very good starting point here to work with and with just some subtle reworking on the logo I think you've got a winner here.

98Falcons.png

I really like the idea here. I'm a Birmingham area native, myself. I do think incorporating Vulcan in some way is a good idea, considering the statue is the only really iconic image in Birmingham. But the statue in the logo is a bit too detailed. Simplify it- make it look more like a logo than a photograph. Love the faux-backs, by the way.

Also, don't be afraid to use another color in addition to what you have now. Vulcan is the God of fire (among other things), which brings to mind a wide range of color.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

Love the uni's but not a fan of the logo for 2 reasons, first is the statue, which others have mentioned, but also I don't think the NFL would go with a flag that some might confuse for the rebel flag. I know it is the Alabama flag, but it still inspires the same issues. Too controversial for the NFL.

Love the uni's but not a fan of the logo for 2 reasons, first is the statue, which others have mentioned, but also I don't think the NFL would go with a flag that some might confuse for the rebel flag. I know it is the Alabama flag, but it still inspires the same issues. Too controversial for the NFL.

its not nfl but for an fantasy football expansion bid

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

The main thing that sticks out to me is the Alabama flag. I'm assuming you want to make it look like its waving. To me it looks you just cut part of it off then turned it. If you could play with it a little more so it would actually look like the flag was waving you would have a great concept.

The alternate set should be based off the alternate Spock.

3795818707_69d77e3eb2.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 2 weeks later...

Archived