Jaguars Uniform Concept

lenardo

It has been an unfortunately long amount of time since I have posted my last concept. But time has been tight and i have been tinkering with photoshop for a few months now. I wanted to wait a while until I felt my concept was presentable because I didn't want my newness to photoshop to be an excuse for a poor concept. So I have worked on and off on this Jag's concept for a few months now and finally see it as at least presentable. That being said I would still love to hear some tips and help with photoshop if y'all have any. Now, on too the uniforms...

One of the last concepts I posted was a Nike NFL re-do of the AFC South. I wanted to re-work the Jaguars one and see how it looked in photoshop but ended up making several more noticable changes. I wanted it to look a little more like their previous uniforms but with more gold and a little inspiration form other sources.

I wanted to keep the dual-tone helmet they have from their current set but after viewing a reflective, solid gold jags helmet, I wanted to use elements of that as well. I decided to use a felective gold facemask which I think could look great on the darkish helmet but I had trouble recreating the super-reflective look.

With the jerseys, my previous concept used Lions-esque stripping. I liked this, but began to prefer the just gold and black stripes of their previous jerseys. So I kinda mixed both together. I also decided to keep the solid teal sleeve panel on all jerseys like i did in my last concept.

The pants are just a reflection of the jersey striping.

In my last concept, i didn't have an alt. Here, I decided to go with an all black alt. I am usually not a fan of monochrome, but I liked the look of the black pants and both the white and teal pants looked terrible with the black jersey. Some unique things about the alt: I decided to go no white and on the numbers, it is a shifting teal to gold look similar to the Oregon Ducks rose bowl uniform. I thought this went well with the helmet.

jaxunis.png

jaxunisaway.png

jaxunisalt.png

C&C please!

maehl.png

The gradient numbers on the alt I can't approve of, but otherwise this is excellent. Sleek, balanced, unique. Good work!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I love the prowler jag but he is so tiny! The teal pants look a little off too cause it's missing a layer of stripes compared to the other ones. I get why, because the stripe is teal on the other pants, but it makes the set feel a little uneven. It's a pretty nice looking set though! I like that you brought back so much gold into the set

The gradient numbers on the alt I can't approve of, but otherwise this is excellent. Sleek, balanced, unique. Good work!

I like the home and away. And I like the idea be hind the alt, but the numbers just don't look right. I'm also not sure about the gold facemask.

I didn't intend for it to look like a gradient, though it does look like that in my image. In actuality it would change from teal outlined in gold in some lights and solid gold in other lights, like the Oregon Rose Bowl jerseys. But i didn't know how to display that. I'll make another version with just gold numbers and see how y'all like 'em.

I love the prowler jag but he is so tiny! The teal pants look a little off too cause it's missing a layer of stripes compared to the other ones. I get why, because the stripe is teal on the other pants, but it makes the set feel a little uneven. It's a pretty nice looking set though! I like that you brought back so much gold into the set

The reason he is so small is to fit inside the stripe. On the teal pants, I was thinking that the whole time I was making them. I could try thickening the gold stripes on just the teal pants to make it flow more and seem more even but not too noticeable that they look mismatched with the otheer pants.

Oh man oh man! I'm working on the Jags now, and damn it this is EXACTLY like what I'm doing! great work!

Great minds think alike I guess! Looking at your concepts great job to you as well!

I would use the other alternate Jaguars logo on the sleeves without the striping around it. Get rid of the gold face mask and the teal pants and you have a great Jaguars uniform.

By that do you mean the "slashing" jaguar? And I will probably keep the stripes since I think teal, gold, and black is a color scheme you can do alot of different things with.

To all the others thanks for the compliments! I'll hopefuly have an update up soon.

maehl.png

Yeah the slashing jaguar. The shoulder just have the big slashing jaguar with whatever color the jersey is instead of the same pattern on each. Other then that and the gold face mask I love it. Is it possible to do one with the teal jersey black pants combo? I would really love to see that without the gold face mask and the slashing jaguar for the sleeves.

Archived