JLopesXC MLB Concepts

JLopesXC

Hey everyone, this thread was originally my San Diego Padres concept but I think I'm going to continue some more MLB concepts.

I was excited to see a pretty positive response to my Padres logo and I'd really like to stay committed to an actual series. I'm happy to take any and all criticism to make my work better and improve as an artist. The other designers on here really inspire me as cheesy as that may sound. But I'd like to refine my skills when it comes to making logos so I figure since I'm on this site all the time anyways, and I love sports logo designs so much there's no better place to start!

So next up I'm revisiting a Tampa Bay Rays concept I had a few months ago. I'll post it on the next page! Thanks everyone.

preview-1.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good. I don't know why, but I'm really digging the colour scheme. I think bricks under "PADRES" would look bad, so maybe try "1969/Est. 1969", or even "BASEBALL CLUB"?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Took bubbas advice adding baseball club and est. 1969. I think this version looks much more complete. What do you guys think? I would like more C+C if possible! Thanks

padres-2.png

EDIT sorry about the large canvas size, forgot to cut it down before saving...

Another update, and I think until I get some more advice on anything to change, I'm going to keep it as is.

I've put together some scripts but no uniforms, I'll take a stab at a cap logo soon.

Let me know what you think of my final update.

padres-4.png]

Another update, and I think until I get some more advice on anything to change, I'm going to keep it as is.

I've put together some scripts but no uniforms, I'll take a stab at a cap logo soon.

Let me know what you think of my final update.

padres-4.png]

This is definetly your best update so far, but there are a couple things that I would do differently. First, I would take away the drop shadow. Next, I would simplify the palm trees, they look like you got them from a photo, which conflicts with the styling of the swinging friar. Other than these nitpicks, I really like it, looks so much better than the bland identity that they went with.

spacer.png

I say take the drop shadow off the PADRES and maybe make the lines between the bricks the lighter teal color-that way it matches the yellow outlined by light teal of the letters. Try cutting off everything below the new curved line you added to the bottom. I think it would look real good and it wouldn't leave a strange place that you feel you have to fill with all the "est. 1969" and "baseball club".

Thank you guys (mcrosby and henburg) for the suggestions, I was looking at some color options this afternoon. And once I commit to one of these, I'll take your suggestions into consideration. I just want to get this out of the way first.

Which option do y'all think is best?

Thanks and keep the C+C coming!

PadresColors.png

Thank you guys (mcrosby and henburg) for the suggestions, I was looking at some color options this afternoon. And once I commit to one of these, I'll take your suggestions into consideration. I just want to get this out of the way first.

Which option do y'all think is best?

Thanks and keep the C+C coming!

PadresColors.png

No problem! I always try to contribute to concepts as much as I can. For your concept, I like B the most. The whole roundel things is overdone in baseball and it balances the powder blue and yellow the best.

spacer.png

Archived