2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see Crosby back.

In other news, the Columbus Blue Jackets have won 2 games in a row. That's a winning streak.

Three games in a row with at least a point! Almost 29th in the NHL woo!!!! :D

Glad to see Crosby back. I hate the Pens and therefore am obligated to hate his game, but the NHL's a lot better with him back in it. Makes me feel sad looking at what he's done though. Almost 600 points, a Stanley Cup, and a Gold Medal by 24. I feel so unaccomplished haha.

Manchester-City-icon.png

Kings beat the Blues 3-2, Mike Richards scores a goal and goes 15 for 15 (or at least was at the end of the third) in face-offs.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Lightning just SUCK right now.

It's bad enough that the Buccaneers have surrendered the first points in eight of their ten games this season - the Lightning have done so 13 of 20 times this season as well. Always harder to win games that way, which explains the Lightning's 9-11 record to this point of the season.

spacer.png

Because hovering right around .500 is a sign of an terrible team... :rolleyes:

I see you missed the end of that phrase.

They've lost four of their last five games. Is that not sucking, at a given point in time?

I didn't think I was being too harsh with that assessment. I'm not even sure they've played like a 9-11 team to this point of the season either - very shaky all around performance with very few exceptions. Hope they put it together soon enough. 12th in the East right now.

spacer.png

Because hovering right around .500 is a sign of an terrible team... :rolleyes:

I see you missed the end of that phrase.

They've lost four of their last five games. Is that not sucking, at a given point in time?

I didn't think I was being too harsh with that assessment. I'm not even sure they've played like a 9-11 team to this point of the season either - very shaky all around performance with very few exceptions. Hope they put it together soon enough. 12th in the East right now.

No I read the entire thing. I'm a fan of the team with 12 points right now and who's 11 points out of the playoffs. You're a fan of a team that has 20 points and is 3 points out of the playoffs.

Once again, the Lightning don't "SUCK."

6fQjS3M.png

My God.

How many times do I need to clarify my statement? I think they are a better team than their record indicates, and I'm hardly trying to make it seem like I'm abandoning ship right now, but they've lost four of five games, with the worst of it coming last night in a terrible 7-1 home loss against an improving Toronto team.

How hard is it to figure out what I was saying? The Lightning have wins over the likes of Chicago, Philly, and Pittsburgh as well this season. I'm well aware that they don't, overall, suck.

spacer.png

Break-even winning percentage in the NHL is somewhere between .555 and .560 due to the dispensation of loser points, so x points in x games is actually a losing record.

EDIT: To wit, leaguewide wins earned divided by leaguewide games played*2 in the NBA/baseball will forever yield .500; it is a zero-sum game. Leaguewide points earned divided by leaguewide points possible will not give you .500 if there have been overtime/shootout losses.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not sure what's more annoying, arrogant fans of successful teams or fans of crap teams who thinks it's blasphemy anytime someone complains about their own teams struggles. Do you want everyones sympathy Crash? Honestly no fan should be completely satisfied unless their team wins a championship.

I look at it much more black and white. 9-9-2 is a 9-11 record to me, but then again, that's because I have had the longest detest for the current three point system.

Shootouts should never be subject to three point decisions. I prefer either a tie after the OT period, or shootouts being double or nothing.

Dont worry about it, American pro sports reward mediocrity. As long as the team is playing well come April, its all

good. We know thats the measure of a true champion.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived