New Mexico Lobos Football

Lights Out

Hmmm....you know what? I kind of like it. Reminds me a little of the Packers' "powerball" throwbacks in concept. I wonder how it'd look if the numbers-in-state were on the sleeves rather than the chest? I'm just throwing it out there, in all honesty I kind of dig what you've got going already. LOVE the pants stripe too, works perfectly. This is probably one of your more intriguing concepts yet, Lights Out. Really nice ideas here.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Excellent ideas here. If I was going to tweak this into a final product, these are the changes I would make:

I think using the state outline as a container for the TV numerals might be a bit more accepted, but still unique. It's the same idea as a concept car that's unbelievably crazy at the Detroit Auto Show, but is a bit more conservative and refined by the time it hits production.

Does the pant design look too much like a crucifix? I love that icon, but I think it might be better suited for the helmet (single red stripe on the pant?) and the bottom brought back up to replicate the flag. I don't think the UNM logo you have on the helmet is working at all.

I don't know about grey socks on the roadie. I'd have to see them in action. Other combos to look at are red pants/white socks or silver pants/red socks.

Those numerals need to be bigger. They should nearly fill the panel, especially on the back.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

There are some great ideas, and some bad ideas.

I love the helmet and pants. The jerseys? Not so much. First off, I think the Lobo loga on the sleeves would look good.Secondly, I would put the state of New Mexico on the back, not the front. And even then, while in theory it's a good idea, in practice, I'm not sure how it would work out.

Overall, great conceot. Man, I need to get back into doing this.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I like the jerseys (been looking at that threat on the basketball uniforms, eh?) But I don't like the helmets. They are drab and unimaginative. I'd like to see you try something using the Lobo or something from the state of New Mexico in the way you did with the physical shape of the state on the jersey.

LehQRaC.png

I would make the state of New Mexico as big as you can fit on that front panel of the jersey. Other than that, it looks perfect. Really awesome idea and would make the team stand out from everybody else, something that small schools long for.

I'm not familiar with New Mexico enough to know, are the rest of those logos official school logos? If you created something that fits within their current image, you might want to send it in to someone there. They might love an idea like this.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

As much as I like the general idea here, I can't help but think it might look better if the jerseys were based on the Zia rather than the state outline. I also can't say I'm a fan of the helmet logo, especially when the lobo-head is so underrated IMO. Maybe superimpose that over the state outline for your helmet logo?

Overall though, I love the concept!

I love it a lot, but there are some changes you should make. I love the red with the gray, but the state outline should go. However the state outline could be used in a pro combat uniform. The numbers look great and I dig the helmet for originality. My only complaint about the helmet is that it looks too similar to rival New Mexico State. I would put the state outline on the helmet with the numbers and the helmet script on the uniforms. Overall, this looks sharp and very original. 8.9/10

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I actually tried the state outline on the sleeves first... the problem is, it's so weirdly shaped that it doesn't fit easily on the sleeves and the numbers would be unreadable.

You could do it on the tops of the shoulder pads.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That could work... but it's very Cleveland Barons-esque.

Cleveland%20Barons%20jersey.png

I'm thinking that for my update, I'll do two versions - one keeping the state outline on the front (which I prefer) and one with the outline on the shoulders.

Might be able to turn the state outline into a helmet logo, too. Maybe knock the Zian sun out of a red state outline or something?

im loving the ideas on the jersey. i would probably flip it though, make the state shape on the back, then put "NEW MEXICO" on the front. just needs a bit more because its a bit plain now.

ill echo what Andrew said about the pants/socks/helmet. its one thing to have an icon like the sun symbol influence a design, but another to completely alter it into something else. use it on the helmet too?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I would make the state of New Mexico as big as you can fit on that front panel of the jersey. Other than that, it looks perfect. Really awesome idea and would make the team stand out from everybody else, something that small schools long for.

I'm not familiar with New Mexico enough to know, are the rest of those logos official school logos? If you created something that fits within their current image, you might want to send it in to someone there. They might love an idea like this.

The larger the state outline gets, the more illegal is becomes to the NCAA in terms of it being like the BYU 'bib" jerseys which were banned.

Archived