NFL Developmental League (NFLDL)

ns80

So, I came up with an idea today. Going to start a SIM, Spring-time NFL Developmental League, just like the NBA has. Really am suprised that the NFL hasn't jumped on this already. It's been awhile since NFL Europa folded. Why not develop a NFL endorsed league to run from the beginning of March up until mid July? The first season is going to have eight teams. These teams will be in US Metropolitan Areas that don't have a NFL team. The cities were chosen in accordance with NFL affiliation. So here will be the alignment for the first season.

EAST DIVISION

Columbus, Ohio -- AFC North

Hartford, Connecticut -- AFC East

Norfolk, Virginia -- NFC East

Orlando, Florida -- NFC South

WEST DIVISION

Memphis, Tennessee -- AFC South

Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- NFC North

Portland, Oregon -- AFC West

San Antonio, Texas -- NFC West

As for mascots, I'm asking for everbody's help. I will take the best three suggestions for each city and then have a vote on them. From there the league will be built. Each team will play 10 games (2x's divison and 1x other division). Top two teams from each division will play in Division Championships with the winners facing off in the League Championship.

Let the fun begin!

I like the idea of having a 8 team league with 4 teams controlling. I would put Milwaukee in Salt Lake City or Las Vegas, and move the Columbus team to Canton because that would be an NFL stadium, and not a 100k seat college stadium.

I'm not really good with team names, but I did a few teams from these cities in a sim baseball league.

Orlando Majestics

Virginia Beach Bums

Portland Trappers

Would anyone care to draw up some logos for these? I know that's asking a lot, but it would deeply be appreciated. I would do it myself, but I have no skills what so ever when it comes to computer graphic design.

I've tried it, but there is no possible way without stretching teams across the country. In NFL Europa I remember Barcelona having Bengals, Browns, and Steelers prospects all on the same team. So I guess it's not that bad.

The old WLAF combined players from one division in the 1992 season so this isn't new. I do remember players being spread out across the league when it restarted. Mainly due to limited teams in Europe. For Columbus I'd go with Conquest or Conquerers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

EAST DIVISION

Columbus Glory (Columbus Crew Stadium)

Hartford Charter Oaks (Rentschler Field)

Norfolk Navigators (Foreman Field or William Price Stadium)

Orlando Seals (Citrus Bowl or Bright House Networks Stadium)

WEST DIVISION

Memphis Blues (Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium)

Milwaukee Express (Perkins Stadium -- Whitewater, Wis.)

Portland Lumberjacks (Jeld-Wen Field)

San Antonio Cavalry (Alamodome)

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived