Personal Logo by DolphinManatee

DolphinManatee

I would:

• make it all one color
  • make the palm leaves come above the EB
  • use the front shapes of the dolphin/manatee as the center marks of the E/B

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Honestly, the concept looks as if you took Rush Limbaugh's "EIB" logo and then changed it with by reversing the E, and adding a palm tree/dolphin/manatee.

Wow, I did not see that. Now that I did, I think it looks horrible :P . Do you have any suggestions on how to not make this look like "that" logo.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

A backwards E has been used with other letters before - I really don't think that unless used in a professional setting there's any risk of confusion with or an infringement suit from Bugatti. Even if used professionally, I think the fish and the tree clearly differentiate it, and honestly even after looking at both logos, I don't even think for a second that one inspired the other or was ripped off.

I think that the concept here is excellent - but the execution is lacking. The single color logo more clearly defines the letters than the multi color logo, but you lose the fish. I'm not sure I have any great suggestions right now, but one thing I'd try is going with two dolphins instead of the manatee. It really looks like the manatee is just a lazy mistake at making a second dolphin anyway instead of an intentional choice, so I'd just drop it and duplicate the marine mammal.

Perhaps the addition of one more color would help too - something that could help in defining the shapes, like a shadow around the letters and around the bottom parts of the fish - subtle enough so that they still look like letters, but bold enough so that you can better make out the fish.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sure, there's probably no risk (I wasn't implying there was, just that the concepts are similar). My point is, why not create something truly original?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Sure, there's probably no risk (I wasn't implying there was, just that the concepts are similar). My point is, why not create something truly original?

It just happened to look similar by coincidence.

Anyways here is my 2nd update, with 2 options:

PersonalLogo2.pngPersonalLogo1.png

(Personally, I like the logo on the left better.)

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

I like the one on the left a little better. The only suggestion that I can think of that would really make the logo unique is something like a "splash" from the water. Other than that I think you're doing a great job. I like the direction this logo is going.

Just out of curiosity, why did you get rid of the manatee?

QMfFi.jpg

My Website/Portfolio: jsa-designs.devianart.com

Archived