Islanders Fisherman Logo

Mr. Krabs

True, true.

But you can't seriously think Les Canadiens are exempt from our discussion, because they've won 23 cups (24 if you count that one in 1916), have been around for over a century, and have had some of the best players in history.

OK, maybe you can exempt them.

But then again, I distinctly remember a concept by someone a while ago of a modernized Montreal jersey that looked fookin' awesome.

It kept the red, and the C, but added things.

And I am NOT for consumerization of our beloved game.

Let the international leagues have logos and shtick on their unis, but the NHL should leave the ads for breaks in the game and off-ice.

EDIT: The concept I was thinking of was Discrimihater's Montreal Canadiens 2K.

The NEW Canadiens (I wish)

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see what your saying. I'm just not a fan of "Go modern for modern's sake,"I'm more into "Go Modern if your ugly and you suck"

I didn't mean to imply you wanted to commercialize the game, I just meant in the "world would end scenario' :D

A shoulder patch/third logo.....hmmmm...Wonder if I could go for that.....the team had one for one year in '76 for the Olympics. It would be interesting to see what possibilites could come of it, I admit that. Maybe something like the Wild circle, with est. 1909 in it and the team name, maybe something experimental. You know, if someone would want to start one, that'd be a cool competition.

Puckcool22, that is a great change. Getting rid of the teal makes that logo look great. A+!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I can see what your saying.  I'm just not a fan of "Go modern for modern's sake,"I'm more into "Go Modern if your ugly and you suck"

Exactly! The problem with everyone "modernizing" to angry, cartoonish logos like the fisherman (along with 4 and 5 color schemes) is that it becomes bland - everyone starts to look minor league. The Islanders striping pattern, colors, and logo form a very unique (and great) look. Also, I can't believe people can't tell that it's Long Island in the logo.

Changing your identity to impress 10 year olds is a dumb, dumb move.

Archived