Cartoon-Like Baseball players

JayJaxon

Per a request of a friend (who will be cutting these out of wood) I made some baseball players based off of some old cartoon-like cards from the 1970's & 80's. How did I do?

example_1.png

I would love to be able to take requests, but right now I can't because I have about 40 of these templates to make on Photoshop. But please feel free to comment.

Β 
Β 

These are excellent Jay! Very impressed. I would even use these to create uniform concept now days. Would love to see the finished product out of wood. My grandpa carved a baseball player for me when I was younger, and its really cool. Ill post pictures later. Great job tho!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Very cool. Love working the autographs in there whenever possible. The face on Koufax doesn't seem to match the other three, though; it seems a little less whimsical and more of a serious reproduction.

I used cards and stand-ups created by a guy named Bob Laughlin. My friend asked if I could re-create them for Willie Mays and Willie McCovey. I created Murphy so I could have one, and he wanted a pitcher so I did Koufax this morning. But there are about 30-40 left to do. I'll post new ones as I complete them.

Β 
Β 

Per a request of a friend (who will be cutting these out of wood) I made some baseball players based off of some old cartoon-like cards from the 1970's & 80's. How did I do?

example_1.png

I would love to be able to take requests, but right now I can't because I have about 40 of these templates to make on Photoshop. But please feel free to comment.

I recognize Willy Mays, Willy McCovey and Don Sutton... but who's the guy in the Atlanta Braves uni?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

example_1.png

I recognize Willy Mays, Willy McCovey and Don Sutton... but who's the guy in the Atlanta Braves uni?

Braves uni is Dale Murphy. And that's not Don Sutton. That's Sandy Koufax.

spacer.png

Archived